What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Balloonacorn
Veteran

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Balloonacorn » Wed May 04, 2022 8:07 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 10:50 pm
Last night I spilled Tamiya extra thin all over my work space! :? You only need to spill a very little bit, apparently, for the capillary action that makes it work so well to also make it get everywhere and creep up onto sub assemblies you had lying around. Came this close to a completely demoralizing ruining of the model I’m working on, but fortunately I had enough bits on sprue tucked away to salvage the stuff that got the worst of the meltination. There was a bit of cursing, though, I tell you what.
The Horror...
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu May 05, 2022 1:41 am

Augh. just by coincidence, I happened to knock over and spilled half a bottle of Agrax Earthshade. No damage done, but that was probably about 400¥ worth of paint!

And when I was not wiping up paint this last weekend and these holidays, I was doing some brush-for-hire work. Had some old Hammer horror flicks playing in the background and painted a French, warband? for Silver Bayonet. Really fun figures. The hats! Look at those hats! ImageImageImage
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Thu May 05, 2022 2:14 am

That's a lot of unique minis! They have a lot of character for sure!
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu May 05, 2022 11:34 am

Great work, Konrad! That is indeed a fine collection of hats and attached Frenchpersons.

Banshees are done, which with their Phoenix Lord brings me up to the full 50PL!

...which would be a nice place to end and move on to Tau except for all those other Asuryani primed and ready to go (not to mention the Avatar who I assembled today and is pretty awesome). So next will be enough troops to get a battalion to unlock the elite and fast attack slots I'll need to get to 100...

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu May 05, 2022 9:57 pm

Awesome stuff, all! Konrad, who makes those minis?

I made a base:
One nice thing about the small model count and large bases in Titanicus is that I can channel the model railroad enthusiast that lurks inside all middle-aged men when decorating bases. I'm waiting on some bits from Battle Bling (alternate head and nameplate) before I prime the rest, so I suppose I'll knock out some more dungeon adventurers or maybe the pirate ogre while I wait.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri May 06, 2022 12:34 am

@Dave- North Star, They do the Frostgrave and Stargrave figures.
And I was going to mention, I liked the weathering on your grand purple Titan. The tiny, tiny, tiny spots of metal really add to the scale of the thing. I can see tiny, tiny Marines firing their tiny, tiny bolters at it as it stomps through the battle.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri May 06, 2022 1:11 am

Grantholomeu wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:07 am
I made some billboards that should be able to act as at least concealing terrain.

Sometimes it's fun to make stuff with simple cardstock, paper, and sticks.
I actually watched "Robot Monster" and "The Brain That Would Not Die", as I threatened I would. Both are as bad as you'd expect, just a delightful mess of terrible lines, worse acting, and nonsensical plots. Both are quite a bit darker than you'd think, surprisingly so. "Robot Monster" is a world-apocalyptic fever dream, and "The Brain That Would Not Die" has a cruel, gory death, (not the beheading, actually) that must have been quite a shock for the time. And I am sure some film/culture historian has written a masters thesis on "The Brain That Would Not Die" as a metaphor for the objectification of women in American culture.
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Fri May 06, 2022 3:55 pm

Konrad wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 1:11 am
Grantholomeu wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:07 am
I made some billboards that should be able to act as at least concealing terrain.

Sometimes it's fun to make stuff with simple cardstock, paper, and sticks.
I actually watched "Robot Monster" and "The Brain That Would Not Die", as I threatened I would. Both are as bad as you'd expect, just a delightful mess of terrible lines, worse acting, and nonsensical plots. Both are quite a bit darker than you'd think, surprisingly so. "Robot Monster" is a world-apocalyptic fever dream, and "The Brain That Would Not Die" has a cruel, gory death, (not the beheading, actually) that must have been quite a shock for the time. And I am sure some film/culture historian has written a masters thesis on "The Brain That Would Not Die" as a metaphor for the objectification of women in American culture.
Hehe now I feel obligated to watch them.
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat May 07, 2022 2:17 pm

The things I do for elite slots.

55PL.

That also takes me over 100 minis for the year, which isn't bad for a year with Elden Ring and a chunk of Endwalker in it.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun May 08, 2022 1:43 pm

It is a truth universally acknowledged that an army in possession of an elite slot must be in want of a Dreadnought.

That makes it a 67 PL Golden Week, which I think beats last year's Drukhari effort even with more time out of the house due to less severe pandemic. Of course I didn't have any dreadalikes for the evil elves so but of an unfair advantage for their mildly friendlier cousins.

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”