What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: What did you do today.

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:36 am

@Konrad - ooft! That's beaoooootiful! Can't wait to see it painted.

@Prim - you are as productive as ever. My hat is off to you.

This holiday, I've mostly been assembling necrons and a space marine tank. I've also been doing a bit of work on a dragon, which I hope to finish in the next couple of days. Nowt fancy - its just for a dnd game, but a dragon is a dragon, no?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:00 pm

Yesterday, I opened this. Honestly, as a lifelong eldar player this shouldn't affect me, but opening a box of magic cards and finding this written under the first layer of wrap brought a smile to my pointy eared face (it usually says "thank you for buying secret lair", or words to that effect)...

and the contents did, too

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:04 pm

Great work folks, impressive productivity so late/early in the year!

I've been doing absolutely nothing other than playing Horizon Forbidden West, having finally taken Dave's suggestion. It is very good! It definitely benefits from some time and distance from that *other* 2022 open world game 😅

Tau, Votann and Blood Angels are all arrayed and primed waiting for hobby time to return, which I'm sure won't be far off, but I'm enjoying turning back into a video gaming zombie for a short spell.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:45 am

FW is pretty good, isn't it? Looking at a new playthrough when the DLC drops later this year has me looking side-eyed at the weapon upgrade grind, but even that was fun enough that I, you know, did it. :D

I've been keeping on with my Darkest Dungeon project, and hit a milestone today: all the heroes finished.
On the whole, I'm pleased! (The techniques I'm using don't work so great for brighter colors, so I'm least excited about how the Jester turned out, but OTOH some of them turned out very nicely indeed - the Abomination in particular.)

I'm very close to having all the level 1 monsters and sub-bosses done too. I told myself I wouldn't continue with the campaign until I had everything else I needed for the next quest finished, and that should be in a week or less, knock on wood.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:14 am

@ToD - Nice work on those minis, they all look fantastic.

As for myself, I have painted a steampunk witch from Reaper.

And some Bloodletters, complete with hand painted banner.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:34 pm

I bought forbidden west today, too, actually. Sadly (for me) I bought it for my brother as a birthday present. I don't have a PS4 (or 5!) so I have to wait around with the rest of the plebs for the PC release. I'm enjoying cyberpunk 2077, though - tons of really nice world building touches really sell Night City. Plus, the cars n guns n cyber stuff is fun as hell.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:49 am

Cyberpunk 2077 is also good fun! I kind of half-started yet another new game after watching the anime a bit ago, but realized I was making the same hacker cyber-god I'd played before. :lol:

Personally I've been playing a lot of Dwarf Fortress recently - not the Steam version since I'm on a Mac, but all the buzz surrounding the Steam release has got me to fire it up again and it's got its hooks in me. It feels very Monty Python-esque in a way: My first fort did well until half the fort got infected with Lycanthropy and killed the other half in an orgy of destruction one full moon. So I made a new world without Lycanthropy (seriously, it's hard to guard against) and had a new fort that did well until a visiting goblin poet started a drunken brawl in the tavern that quickly involved everyone in the fort, which unfortunately included the fully-armed off-duty army, leaving nearly everyone dead or insane with grief at the end of it. Then the next fort was going great until a fire-breathing monster came up from the deep caverns and burninated everybody. Then I built a fort that was just a little bit too close to a necromancer's tower and was overrun with undead one fine summer day just a couple years after being founded. The next and current fort is going strong so far - I'm not messing with the deep caves, and while there are yearly attacks from nearby goblins and elves I can just raise the drawbridge, hole up and wait them out. My current problem is the last time I did that there was a caravan in the fort, and they don't show any signs of wanting to go home even six months later.

Also I got a couple new milestones in my Darkest Dungeon painting project: All the level one monsters (most of these are in identical sets of three):
And all the Ruins sub-bosses:
Which means one more little batch of models will finish up the level 2 monsters so I can resume my playthrough!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:55 am

Gah. Spent like 5 hours base coating the Gorkamorkaforta and still not done. Binge watched the LOTRROP? (that would be the acronym, right?) for the remainder of the day an into the wee hours of the next morning. Absolutely visually stunning. Love the proto-halflings. And I see now why the Elves are immortal, they need all eternity to deliver those ponderous lines. So not without flaws certainly, but great fun.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:55 am

Those Dark Dungeon models are cracking, Dave!

No hobbying but I achieved a personal goal last night by killing the Emperor's Children Terminators that have been bedevilling me (because I am never smart enough to just avoid attacking the tarpit). I'll probably lose the game anyway but the Repentia martyred themselves most gloriously!

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:31 pm

Been a while since I posted anything - turns out babies really cut into your hobby time. :lol:

I was able to slog my way through some mortar teams though. On fancy new 50mm bases as well! They will technically be the only 'legal' heavy weapon teams I have in my entire army because of that.

Even having to order a mortar barrage is not going to stop that guy from getting his morning coffee.

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”