What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:00 am

That is a ton of minis @Primarch, great work! And fine looking ones to boot.

Today I had a great game against @Mephiston, his Guard versus my Tyranids. I had some lucky saves but mostly got shot up real bad by tanks - but just killing the bugs is not enough, they're very sneaky scorers and quite a lot of points were put on the board by the little ones while the big ones were dying just a bit too slowly for Chris' plans to work 😅

So the tank commanders can very justly post a victory, but their superiors might look at the strategic map with some concern...

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:31 pm

I've been chugging away at my Epic collection, although I'm very much in the "just painting more of things I already have so it's not so exciting to look at" stage :lol:

Just another lasrifle tercio for the Auxilia and a couple storm eagles for the Fists and I'll have everything I currently own painted up. The next wave of releases has been delayed in Japan, which gives me and my wallet some breathing room, which I'll use to work on my Underworlds backlog and rebase some of my jankier Epic terrain.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 11 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:33 pm

I've been working on the assembly backlog rather than painting but I did slap some contrast on this fellow in case I decide to run some Genestealers this weekend.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:06 pm

today, I booked a hotel for Naghammer! fwiw, if anybody else is considering booking somewhere, hotels seem quite full, at least the one-person-one-night kinda hotels. I ended up getting a room in the hotel Kiyoshi Nagoya, which is up near higashi betsuin station. I'd've gone for the meitetsu one nearer the venue, but the website was giving me crap and not loading (repeatedly) and kept upping the price every time I reloaded it. So yeah, if anyone is thinking to get a room, my advice would be to bust a move and get one soon.

Looking forward to a weekend of games, good company, and hopefully too much yakitori and beer :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:56 am

I've been sneaking in some assembly but it's definitely a low hobby time for me due the *avalanche* of JRPG releases (pun intended, thanks FF7 Rebirth).

Ryu ga Gotoku 8/Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth was incredibly good, unless you're judging specifically by the apparent English fluency of folks in Hawaii, in which case it was terrible. Their Japanese was surprisingly pera pera though!

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:25 pm

Coincidentally, I've been playing ff7 the original one, but on the switch. Just wave after wave of natsukashi. Also very nice watching my son play it all these years later. I'm also getting close to finishing Warhammer: Total War 2 with the vampirates. I've long since beaten the vortex campaign, but I'm bent on total map domination, and the dark elves and skaven were giving me gyp this week. But, they've been beaten back into their rightful place, and there's not much standing between my fleets and the east coast of Araby. Hopefully I'll be done by the end of the week, at which point I'm determined to stop playing vidya games completely and focus on painting until naghammer is done. Wish me luck and mental fortitude...
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:44 pm

My sister's been visiting, so I haven't been doing too much hobby, but I have been rebasing and repainting some of my more long-in-the-tooth Epic terrain. (You can get 2mm-thick MDF in A5-sized sheets ten to a pack for about 1500 yen, for those interested in the terrain-basing arts.) Then they (finally!) are releasing some new LI models at the top of March, so I put in a pre-order for those as well.
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:36 pm

So here's the terrain... t'rain :lol: I have to admit, a nice solid piece of MDF makes for a much better base than a hunk of corrugated cardboard.

(Can you tell I didn't have enough foliage to fill out all the trees I have? Saved by the fact that burned-out is very thematic!)

Thanks to Titanicus and Dropzone Commander, I have lots and lots of undestroyed structures, so these will all be counting as "concealing terrain," which is a bit harder to move through and, while infantry would still vastly prefer them to open ground, a bit easier to winkle them out of than buildings.
-----

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:10 pm

That's great terrain!

I kind of want to see a 32mm scale battle on it, with confused soldiers towering over Lilliputian buildings.

As usual game day got me to paint *something*, even deep in the videogame perfect storm (Granblue Fantasy Relink is very good, if you like boss fights). This is one of the new Lictors, assembled in the most compact and transportable pose.

Speaking of transportability, my list for tomorrow included a Tyrannocyte. One look at the thing next to my case and I decided to change my list rather than show up with a small plastic football and a handful of snapped off tentacles.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:00 pm

I got my box of Solar Auxilia support units the other day, so I got cracking painting:
-----

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”