What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:25 pm

Love the Borderlands style, Surg!
Primarch wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:19 am
It's a great game too. If you ever want to try it, I'll be happy to bring a demo version along.
It seems really tactical, I bet it's awesome. I'll let you know when I feel like jumping down another rabbit hole and building a dozen teams.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:34 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:25 pm
Primarch wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:19 am
It's a great game too. If you ever want to try it, I'll be happy to bring a demo version along.
It seems really tactical, I bet it's awesome. I'll let you know when I feel like jumping down another rabbit hole and building a dozen teams.
Malifaux is awesome! :D

Recently I haven't done much of anything hobby related, I've been too busy playing the Mortal Empires campaign on Total War: Warhammer II. I've finished that for now, so it is time to start preparing for my annual entry into the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge. I'll be helping out as an administrator this year, which should be a lot of fun, but hard work too :? . I'll be posting up a dedicated thread as and when the Challenge entries are opened, but if you are curious, you can see what I wrote last year, here. I'd really like to encourage people to join in the fun and take part with me.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:58 pm

Speaking of painting challenges/contests, and something for all you budding Horus Heresy Space Marine Fanboys, I came across this while Instagram-surfing. I think I could cobble together a beaky marine or something from the bits box. But I would be forced to wade through all the Marine-drama to learn the heraldry, choose a chapter, etc. etc.....Those Primarchs (not ours) were bigger drama queens than the Eldar. "Oh! The Tragedy! Oh, weep as we fall to , (gasp) Ruin!"

[/url]https://www.instagram.com/stories/highl ... 124120181/[/url]

In other hobby news I happily spent this sunny, warm autumn weekend indoors cobbling away on the Gorkamorka Forta while listening to the "High Rollers" DnD podcast. Nerd-bliss.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:02 am

*gasp!*

You wash your mouth out, ya filthy liar! Nobody is a bigger drama queen than the eldar! Nobody!! Our fall was greater than anyone! It was the biggliest fall in the history of falling! We fell so hard that we made a GOD!!!!!

*Rushes off in floods of tears*
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:30 am

I love Grimdark Compendium, but they paint mostly with oils and all the upkeep is intimidating...
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:26 pm

Grantholomeu wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:30 am
I love Grimdark Compendium, but they paint mostly with oils and all the upkeep is intimidating...
I hear you. Anything smelly would send my wife ballistic. Though playing with oil washes is on the "One of these days" hobby project list.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:17 pm

oils dont have to be smelly. You can get a few tubes (primaries, black, white, maybe browns) and odorless turps. I used to use oils pretty often for weathering and it never really smelled too bad. An open window would maybe help, but even without, it wasnt really that noticeable.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:38 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:17 pm
oils dont have to be smelly. You can get a few tubes (primaries, black, white, maybe browns) and odorless turps. I used to use oils pretty often for weathering and it never really smelled too bad. An open window would maybe help, but even without, it wasnt really that noticeable.
Good to hear, but you would not believe the nose on this woman. She can smell people smoking on the street 9 floors down. :roll:
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:51 am

I finally painted a thing!

The plan is to play Tau this game day, but with 20 troops, a tank and four battlesuits left to paint (let alone drones), the Custodes are warming up in the bullpen and liking their chances...
Last edited by Jye Nicolson on Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Surg
Rookie

Post by Surg » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:23 pm

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:51 am

I finally painted a thing!

The plan is to play Tau this he's day, but with 20 troops, a tank and four battlesuits left to paint (let alone drones), the Custodes are warming up in the bullpen and liking their chances...
Looks very nice! I need to get my hands on one of those :P

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”