What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Primarch » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:05 am

@All - Nice work.

As for myself, my tactical squad are done and just awaiting decals (which are in the mail at the moment).
So, while I wait for them, I have started on my next squad.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:17 am

NexKids finished. I have to see how they play before the impending nerf comes down (only half-sarcastic).

P.S. Normal flesh tones on faces on small minis... :?

"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:46 am

@prim - sir, you are a painting machine 🫡

@grant - lovely bases on those kiddoes. Nice work 👍
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:34 am

Always love to see more (loyalist) Terminators, nice work!

And those are some great looking, very creepy little kids, Grant, awesome as always.

The Third, depsite surpassing excellence and surprising endurance displayed in the field, are apparently no less mortal than other Astartes. Dreadnoughts such as this one are a common sight in-theatre.

(It is a truth universally acknowledged that any chapter in possession of Black Templar rules must be in want of a Redemptor)

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:05 pm

@Grant, those are really excellent - nice muted highlights on 'em.

I finished up my Fellblade, and with it the last of my current batch of Death Guard:

Leaving me once more with very little left to paint! Hopefully the witch hunter warband for Underworlds won't be delayed as much as the Nethermaze box was...
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:01 pm

That Fellblade looks fantastic, especially considering its relative tininess!

Despite the mysterious origins of the Third, their bearing, the wargear of their firstborn veterans and evidence from the as yet few occasions they have collaborated with the defenders of Octarius in the field show tell tale signs of a truly venerable chapter.

And yet their warriors are overwhelmingly of the second generation, including all of their senior officers. This could simply be an all too typical example of a Chapter ravaged by the price of their duties and rejuvenated by the Primarch's bounty at the outset of the Indomitus Crusade. And yet from their scant impressions of these Astartes' culture, some amongst the Inquisiton feel the pattern does not fit, and speculate an unusually high number of the Third's warriors have crossed the Rubicon and lived to serve.

Edit: the real highlight here is finally having a marker for the Recover Geneseed agenda!

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:45 pm

Heavy Intercessors of the Third. Despite their impressive armaments, they serve more as a positional unit, blocking the enemy's advance and acting as an axis around which the assault units can manoeuvre.

One member of the Inquisition was able to confirm what she suspected - the "Third" is not a company number (they refer to their company as the "10th and Final"), but a Legion number. Furthermore she discovered that their Captain has some very old things indeed - ancient armour, a venerable blade, and an old name - Saul Tarvitz.

It remains to be seen how her colleague, Master Inquisitor Tara, will explain that.

Edit: this will also be the last photo in which Tarvitz sports his "III" icon, which has had to be reglued multiple times already and has no chance of reaching a game day intact.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:37 pm

The Third - whatever their real provenance - clearly have shared in the bounty of Cawl and Indomitus with their many Primaris warriors and vehicles. But they do not hesitate to employ much older weapons in their proper places and clearly do not believe an adequate substitute has been found for Volkite.

(I wasn't going to do anything that already had an invuln for Black Templars but I was struck by the whim when building out the last Contemptor for the Wolves' March of the Ancients that its unused Volkite was in need of a good home)

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:41 am

@Grantholomeu - Creepy looking kids, well done.
@ToD - Those epic+ scale minis do look very tempting. Maybe once I've got my other 30K projects done...
@Jye - Your 'The Third' project is coming along in leaps and bounds. I like the tactical turret on the Contemptor's base. Much cooler than the standard rock. Is that part of a kit or did Jus print it for you?

As for myself, my Terminators are done and in the 'to decal' pile. (My decal sheets arrived in the post yesterday, so I should probably get cracking).
In the background you can see the next demi-squad of Novamarines. I've decided to work on batches of 5 as doing the quartered livery is too time consuming on my usual 10-man batches.

I also did a Razorback. I may have gone a little overboard with the quartering.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:36 am

Primarch wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:41 am
@Jye - Your 'The Third' project is coming along in leaps and bounds. I like the tactical turret on the Contemptor's base. Much cooler than the standard rock. Is that part of a kit or did Jus print it for you?
It's from the 40k Hero Base kit, same one as Tarvitz and the Apothecary's bases.

Love the quartering on the Razorback!

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”