What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Mattb
Veteran

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Mattb » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:41 am

One more posessed finished (if you ignore his missing base), although less mouth hands this time. I don't think I did a very good job on this one, but I did get to try out doing a glowing effect around his eyes.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:04 pm

Those really are looking very nice, Matt!

I bashed out the Exiled Dead over the past couple days:
Nice thing about zombies is they're always going to be pretty quick to paint up! My Dire Wolf arrived from Forgeworld, so I'll be spending a couple days doing cleanup before assembling and priming it.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:16 am

I finished these guys the other day. They aren't easy to paint!
From what I understand, they're supposed to be half-devoured corpses of animals, covered in webs, because the swarm of insects inside are the real entity.

"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Dekana
Veteran

Post by Dekana » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:31 am

I haven't done a whole lot of hobby work lately. But today I was taken by a fey mood and painted one of my more fun models.

When the enemy came, all who could carry a lasgun were conscripted to the defense of the city...

You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:25 pm

Four very different but very awesome lots of minis, folks, keep up the good work.

I haven't been doing much but I did get these over the line for a little Underworlds Rivals action.

Dekana
Veteran

Post by Dekana » Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:09 pm

I worked on some sentinels this weekend. Most of the time was spent on building and magnetizing everything - buggers have a lot of different weapons.

I bought these three robots earlier this year but left them unbuilt until now. In the meantime GW has previewed a new Sentinel model, so hopefully these won't be obsolete as soon as the next codex comes out...

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:58 am

Dekana wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:31 am
I haven't done a whole lot of hobby work lately. But today I was taken by a fey mood and painted one of my more fun models.

When the enemy came, all who could carry a lasgun were conscripted to the defense of the city...

It looks like they conscripted every fitness instructor, Instagram model, and pole dancer on the planet. Got to love TGG. :D
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:25 am

Archivist complete. No, he isn't supposed to have a mouth.

On another note, my Scale75 Navy Blue went bad and turned to this weird, jelly-like substance. I shook it like normal, saw a little come out when I went to put some on my palette, shook it for a minute more or so with an agitator in there, but it still came out as this half-translucent, crystalline, jelly-like substance. Never had that happen before... :?
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Dekana
Veteran

Post by Dekana » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:27 pm

Konrad wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:58 am
It looks like they conscripted every fitness instructor, Instagram model, and pole dancer on the planet. Got to love TGG. :D
Lol! The schoolgirl is actually from a different maker, but she fits right in with the TGG Instagram models.

I'm still working on my sentinels. Today I dirtied up one of them and and colored in the remaining bits; she's starting to look halfway decent!

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:32 am

Dekana wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:27 pm
Konrad wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:58 am
Lol! The schoolgirl is actually from a different maker, but she fits right in with the TGG Instagram models.

I'm still working on my sentinels. Today I dirtied up one of them and and colored in the remaining bits; she's starting to look halfway decent!

And to go with the TGG theme, you need to put some WWII pin-up, aircraft nose-art on them. I bet you could find some decals that fit.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”