What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:48 pm

Mattb wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:35 am
Those look good! What will you run them as on the tabletop?
Black Templars! Change the religious devotion to devotion to perfection and it works with the colour scheme :lol:

@Primarch nice work finishing up the box Dread.

For my part 8 more Poxwalkers done, 12 to go but they are as yet unprimed. Really happy with the new Imperial Fist yellow Contrast paint on the guy up front, went on smooth and easy.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:51 pm

Konrad wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:22 am
The steel effect on the shoulder pads is interesting and really stands out from the rest of the model. The steel has like a hammered texture and sort of a oily look. So I'm guessing just GW whateversilver and Nuln Oil?

And the purple is perfect! Matches my Skeletor hood. Oh! Oh! Skeletor Marines!
Grey Knights Steel and Nuln Oil Gloss (for whatever difference the Gloss part makes). I've grown very fond of it, it does interesting stuff with different washes on it, and at least breaks up the endless Leadbelcher a bit.

The purple is Luxion Purple and it is great. It's very contrasty and still does the pooling etc so still better for detail than flat areas but it is the first purple I've really liked in the range.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:06 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:51 pm
Konrad wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:22 am
The steel effect on the shoulder pads is interesting and really stands out from the rest of the model. The steel has like a hammered texture and sort of a oily look. So I'm guessing just GW whateversilver and Nuln Oil?

And the purple is perfect! Matches my Skeletor hood. Oh! Oh! Skeletor Marines!
Grey Knights Steel and Nuln Oil Gloss (for whatever difference the Gloss part makes). I've grown very fond of it, it does interesting stuff with different washes on it, and at least breaks up the endless Leadbelcher a bit.

The purple is Luxion Purple and it is great. It's very contrasty and still does the pooling etc so still better for detail than flat areas but it is the first purple I've really liked in the range.
Ah, it's the gloss making it all shiny then. Nuln Oil is a handy color. Though I don't think I could live without Agrax Earthshade.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:14 am

This morning I finished undercoating all of the minis for my small Novamarines force. I have no idea about current points values, but it clocked in around 2000 points using ye olde 5th ed. Codex (which was when the FW Badab War books were released).
Currently the force stands at:
1 Terminator Captain (A named character from the Badab War books)
1 Captain
1 Command Squad
2 Tactical Squads
2 Terminator Squads
1 Dreadnought
1 Scout Squad
1 Devastator Squad
1 Predator
1 Razorback
Not too shabby considering that I had no plans to build this army a week ago. Lots of painting still to do though.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:03 am

Primarch wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:14 am
This morning I finished undercoating all of the minis for my small Novamarines force. I have no idea about current points values, but it clocked in around 2000 points using ye olde 5th ed. Codex (which was when the FW Badab War books were released).
Currently the force stands at:
1 Terminator Captain (A named character from the Badab War books)
1 Captain
1 Command Squad
2 Tactical Squads
2 Terminator Squads
1 Dreadnought
1 Scout Squad
1 Devastator Squad
1 Predator
1 Razorback
Not too shabby considering that I had no plans to build this army a week ago. Lots of painting still to do though.
86 PL eyeballing it, depending on the size of the squads. So probably a bit over 1700 points depending on how you kit things out. We generally play at 50PL so you'd be set if you wanted to get them on the table.

Edit: If it's Mordaci Blaylock, he adds another 2PL. He is also currently not very good because he gives an aura that gives a benefit Marines get for free anyway. If he gets the same errata everyone else with that rule did he's be insanely good, but in the meantime I'd just run him using Terminator Captain rules.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:15 pm

More ratses for Underworlds tomorrow!

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:47 pm

Love dem rats! (What's the pinkish color you used for most of their cloaks? I'll have to pick it up.)

I've been chugging along, as one does, on my next Legio Mordaxis titan. Yesterday was the fun work (unironically! I love it!) of masking out stripes for some of the purple bits, and a first chipping pass at them. It's sort of a shame this is probably going to be my last Mordaxis engine, as I feel like I've got the process down nicely.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:59 pm

The Other Dave wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:47 pm
Love dem rats! (What's the pinkish color you used for most of their cloaks? I'll have to pick it up.)
Doomfire Magenta! It's one of the new contrasts and it's quite nice.

With the rats done and this rain my hobby is going to be quite random for a few days at least. I have "Emperor's Children" and tons of terrain that I'm aiming to paint but none of it is primed. I have an assembly backlog and a "rando primed but didn't make a list for game day" backlog so I won't lack for activity but there won't be much of a plan in play.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:13 am

@Jye - Cool looking Skaven.

As for myself, my first Novamarines Tactical Squad is starting to take shape.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:33 pm

big up 'nuff respect to you, Prim. Novamarines are not the easiest chapter to paint, but you've gripped this particular coconut firmly by the husk. Keep up the good work, sir! *rips off a snappy salute*
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”