What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:10 am

I tried priming this morning because the weather looked perfect.

Turns out you need to be paying attention to see wind; there was a ton of it when I get your there. Not much got primed before I gave up and went back; the Devilfish lost its flying base in the adventure but I might just accept that and play without it, that wasn't destined for a long life anyway.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:34 pm

Priming in a box helps when there is light wind. Also keeps random spray from staining random walls. I prime out in the stairwell of my apartment, so I don&t want to leave marks on the stairs. (Have not been entirely successful over the years) :?
There are brush-on primers. I just picked up a water based brush on white. Have not done much with it but a few test splotches. Looks like it will work for Go-Mo terrain. Not so sure about smooth, sleek, Tau battle-suits. They sell the stuff with the Gun-pla, so those guys must have a use for it.
Will be posting some Wips on that project soon.
If you prime black, then black-gesso is surprisingly useful. It is this thick paint that is used to prepare painting canvases, but it goes on really smooth and does not gum up any detail. Let it cure 24 hours and it holds onto plastic and metal pretty good. White gesso though is too coarse for minis.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:42 am

I always prime in a box but this time it kind of functioned as a sail :lol: My normal trick is to just weight it down with spray cans but it wasn't enough yesterday!

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:47 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:42 am
I always prime in a box but this time it kind of functioned as a sail :lol: My normal trick is to just weight it down with spray cans but it wasn't enough yesterday!
That's hilarious! Yeah, some days you just have to give up and play video games instead of painting. :lol:
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:28 pm

Four units to go for 50PL, can I get over the line for next week? 😬

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:42 pm

Commander Firerain and her most elite Crisis Suit strike team.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:46 pm

These little jerks took me way longer than expected so I'm at 45/50 PL and there's a similarly time consuming Pathfinder squad on the painting table. Weather allowing for priming I might get lazy and paint some Stealth Suits or something instead, who needs Markerlights anyway? 😅

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:08 am

Got my one (1) model done for the month. :D

"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:15 am

One mini a month is fine if they're that good! :lol:

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:52 pm

The Pathfinders make it to the table after all!

...along with a bunch of drones I should have painted earlier. But they're done now!

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”