What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: What did you do today.

Post by The Other Dave » Mon May 30, 2022 12:31 am

H:ZD is real good, isn't it? The DLC is absolutely worth checking out if you didn't get a version packaged with it, as well. And replaying it was definitely a lot of fun for me! I think I've said it before, but on my first playthrough the very first boss fight (the Corruptor you fight more or less right after the Proving) had me raging and cursing over how hard and unfair it was, but on my second time through on a harder difficulty - not even NG+ - it was a complete cakewalk. I'm not generally good at games, but Horizon sure did a good job of teaching me to hunt robots with a bow and arrow.

Personally I'd suggest doing Control before Cyberpunk, if only because it's much shorter. :lol:

As for me, the Exiled Dead arrived yesterday, so that should give me something to do hobby-wise while I wait for my various Titanicus bits and bobs to come in!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon May 30, 2022 5:54 am

[*]I got the complete edition of H:ZD, so it came with the frozen wilds already there. That's partly why it took me 70hrs to finish the game - I actually completely cleared the dlc, collectables and all. I particularly liked how they integrated events from the dlc into the last bit of the base game's main questline, with direct references to events and entities from the dlc coming up in conversation, and characters showing up, too, which I presume wouldn't happen if the dlc wasn't installed. I'm super keen to play Forbidden West (which I note they also reference, which was quite slick) but I'll have to wait until it's released for PC (or Sony get their arse in gear and start actually, yknow, selling goods to consumers :roll:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:43 pm

Started working on some Word Bearers for 30K.
These should boost my two current 10 man tactical squads up to full size 20 man squads.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:21 am

I finally put this guy on a base so I can called him finished. Personally I'm a fan of the chest-eyes and hand-mouth.

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:42 pm

the perfect paint job..eyes..handmouth
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:39 pm

Mattb wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:21 am
I finally put this guy on a base so I can called him finished. Personally I'm a fan of the chest-eyes and hand-mouth.
Looks clean!
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:24 pm

Mattb wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:21 am

That's rather nice, that is. Excellent colour choices, and as folks have said, nice n clean. Job's a good un.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:29 pm

Yuck. I'm trying to not imagine what sort of sounds come out of that hand/mouth.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:10 am

Prim and Matt are doing a great job of making those Traitors look good!

It'll *almost* be a shame to purge them on the table. Almost.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:37 pm

Konrad wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:29 pm
Yuck. I'm trying to not imagine what sort of sounds come out of that hand/mouth.
I'm sure it sings Puccini in a pleasing Tenor :lol:

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”