What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon May 09, 2022 2:50 pm

Wraiths - because an awful lot of people seem to want to kill the elves, so that needs to be counterproductive.

77PL!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon May 09, 2022 10:39 pm

Wel done to everyone who has done some actual painting recently. I've been on a bit of a painting hiatus for a while now, but that doesn't mean I haven't been hobbying.
With the official announcement of Horus Heresy 2nd edition, I have been looking over my collection and seeing where I need to flesh out units and options to run proper armies. I have been sitting on a bit of a stockpile for a while, but was hesitant to do much with it as some of it would be hard to replace. Knowing that I can readily buy more* without having to go GW Direct or FW is incredibly liberating.
Over the weekend I set up a production line for marines.
Over 100 bodies ranging from Mk.III to Mk.VI, with some kitbashed using CSM, DA and SW kits. Most are from dedicated Heresy sets, but others have the appropriate parts taken from 40K sets. There are also some 3D prints from Jus' amazing mini factory in there as well as some resin components from 3rd party suppliers. Like I said, I've been stockpiling for a while.
I think I still have another 50 bodies on sprues, plus terminators and a few scouts.

*and I will. 8-)
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue May 10, 2022 1:15 pm

That is a *lot* of Marines, quite an impressive pipeline!

The elf bus, for safely delivering very fragile elvses.

It's a classic model and, uh, good value with double Bright Lances, fly and significant transport capacity. My poor Impulsors are not salty at all.

85 PL!

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Wed May 11, 2022 1:42 pm

I finally got a start on my new faction - now I'll have an Imperial, Xenos and Chaos army! Try to guess which legion I went with. :lol:
They're really great models with a ton of detail, but goddamn is it a pain to highlight all of those spikes. Also fun fact: these are the first Marines I've painted since I was like 13 years old.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed May 11, 2022 2:46 pm

Nice work! That's going to have a hell of a lot of presence as a full army on the table!

I'm going to need more of these guys with all that armour (of Contempt) going around. Which will at least give me a chance to iterate the scheme.

88PL.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu May 12, 2022 3:45 pm

This time an Aspect that wasn't around when I got into the game the first time (surely not 27 years ago?).

93 PL.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri May 13, 2022 3:58 am

I'm humbled by everyone's painting output. It's all great, with particular "yay" reserved for Jye's eldar. Gotta love them pointy ears :D I'm feeling the faintest tickles of wanting to get the brushes out again, so I hope I can nurture that into eventually getting some bloody minis finished for a change :lol: . It's been pretty hard to work up any motivation to anything recently (nothing to be concered about, I've just been busy/stressed about family/life stuff. Doubtless all will be well, it's just been hard to summon up the mojo to be creative when there's telly and pooter games to be had to numb the brain) but hopefully I'll get some painting done soon (tm).

But anyway, over in another universe...

You can bet your ass I'm gonna buy the shit out of this when it comes out. Also - am I wrong or is that all new artwork? I don't recognise any of it, but I'm well out of touch with current 40k art. It's cool, though, especially BftBG. I like it!

(Also, for those interested, it's going to be 4 commander decks (nids, imperium, chaos, crons) and 3 secret lairs (orks, AoS, and, weirdly, Blood Bowl) nids, imperium and chaos are 3 colour decks, crons are mono black.

No eldar.
:roll:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri May 13, 2022 5:29 am

@MattB - Cool looking bunch of deviants. Are those heads from an alternative maker?
@Jye - You're nearly at 100PL, ganbatte!!
@M_i_J - The art is very nice and I'm happy to play it if you pick it up, but the set isn't something I'm all that fussed about buying personally. It may convince a few players to dip their toes in the water of the other franchise though.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri May 13, 2022 5:50 am

Matt, love those guys - a great scheme!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri May 13, 2022 3:09 pm

Is that Suppressor actually good? They keep wobbling on the precipice of it in 40k and not getting there so it's be nice of they made it somewhere :lol:

Autarch, Farseer and Warlocks, for 107 PL.

The front two are sisters and will eventually be the actual main characters of the Asuryani bit of the Crusade but they cost RP so Eldrad and Jain Zar need to warm their seats for them.

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”