What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:16 pm

The Sanguinary Ancient and the first batch of the Sanguinary Guard.

@Primarch - I'll definitely ditch the plan if it feels stressful, there're plenty of other armies waiting a turn and already painted. But it's worth seizing on motivation when it strikes, and definitely a good chance to work through some audiobooks. Got a long way into Hero Of Two Worlds today.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:24 pm

I wasn't really planning on painting Tacticals - Infiltrators are just vastly better at the things you want troops doing, while Scouts are actually better for being a cheap squad with a few rando guns - but I did get the Space Marine Heroes boxes, and they are supposed to be Blood Angels so here we are!

Also finished Hero of Two Worlds, which I enjoyed, and moved on to Devastation of Baal in order to get some more lore immersion on these dudes I'm painting.

Listening to a book also focused on Tyranids when I'm reasonably likely to be buying box sets with Tyranids in them this year feels a little dangerous though...

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:06 am

I spent yesterday assembling my Warmaster titan, and only gouged my thumb with the hobby knife a little bit. :lol: Primed it up last night, should be able to get to painting today.
S'big, y'all.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 11 infantry

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:07 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:06 am
I spent yesterday assembling my Warmaster titan, and only gouged my thumb with the hobby knife a little bit. :lol: Primed it up last night, should be able to get to painting today.

S'big, y'all.
Blood for the Blood God! No hobby project is worth it unless a little blood has been spilled. With all the kit-bashing and sculpting I do, I invariably end up stabbing myself on a wire or a drill bit. Slowing down and using a jeweler's saw on the big, thick bits instead of a knife can save yourself a gouge or two.
And holy hell, now that is a Titan worthy of the name!
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:48 pm

Finished up some legs (with little dudes for scale):

Now I'm working through All The Gold Trim on the main body. :cry:
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:53 pm

And finished!
It really is interesting to me how even a pretty subtle bit of posing can bring life to a model. The stock pose is pretty blah and didn't have me too excited about the model, but the pernicious plasma coils aside it turned out pretty much how I wanted.
-----

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:02 am

That looks awesome, we'll need to get that on the table soon!

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:34 pm

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:02 am
That looks awesome, we'll need to get that on the table soon!
I hope to! After we (knock on wood) finish up our Darkest Dungeonest campaign next month, I'll have a bit of a backlog of tiny wargaming to catch up on. :lol:
-----

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:23 am

I went to Ring Tail in Beppu today! Yuuta-san was very friendly and we chatted for ages.

It's a decent sized store and he has a ton of stock, including expanding into Gunpla. I'm not sure how big a community there is in Beppu but he had plenty of space for games and a good amount of scenery painted up.

Quite a lot of Malifaux and Warmachine stock too; the former didn't surprise me given how popular it's been at the club recently but the latter wasn't something I thought had much of a foothold in Japan. Good to see it on the shelves!

Amongst other things I ended up picking up a Combat Patrol for AdMech while I was there. I'm envisioning a lot of Combat Patrol around the release of 10th as the easiest way for folks to get into the game, so I may as well build and paint a force specifically for the format.

If you ever in Beppu to visit Jigoku it's worth dropping in to say hello, if not it's still oddly enough one of the most convenient ways to get minis in Japan via the website 🤷
Last edited by Jye Nicolson on Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:11 pm

Ooo sounds like a fun experience!
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”