What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:40 pm

That's a good pirate and some very fine terminators!

I knocked off my Termie backlog today, which I should have done on Saturday but succumbed to the lure of the Playstation and Switch (the new Fire Emblem game is pretty good!).

The speeder has been primed for a long time but I only broke down and finally decided to do it in Wolf colours after trying to make a 100PL Patrol for this month's game day.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:21 am

Primarch wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:43 pm
@Grantholomeu - Your crew is looking really nice.

Unfortunately, none of the torsos and legs are cross compatible. :cry: I could shave down the legs from the Tartaros or Cataphractii to fit, but the Indomitus legs wouldn't work with the other set of bodies. Essentially I'd be kitbashing two squads to make one, and at GW prices that is unacceptable. So I have hit kind of an impasse. It looks like my terminators in premium grade armour are going to be pretty bland, while the plebs in peasant grade junk are going to have all of the bling. :(
@Grant- The red liquid sloshing around in the bottles turned out nice! Little subtle details like that are a joy to discover when looking at toys.
@Prim-oh man, that sucks. Green-stuffing cloaks is a good starter, sculpting project. Bring some Temie bitz next game day, and maybe we can figure out a way to cobble them together.
@Jye- I do love me a big old chonky speeder. "Terminator" and "Patrol" seem like mutually exclusive terms. I suppose the Speeder patrols and finds things for the Terminators to teleport to and kill :D
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:42 am

Pumpin' 'em out! Pretty happy with how this guy Cavatica turned out.

"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:44 am

Nice work again, Grant! Love a dapper skeleton.
Konrad wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:21 am
@Jye- I do love me a big old chonky speeder. "Terminator" and "Patrol" seem like mutually exclusive terms. I suppose the Speeder patrols and finds things for the Terminators to teleport to and kill :D
In this case "Patrol" means "Bodyguard for Old Man Bjorn while he clanks around on a stroll" - what do you do when you're the Wolf Lord responsible for him but you can't tell him no? Send most of the Wolf Guard out in Termie armour, a couple of tanks, a speeder to run interference, and only your most trustworthy Intercessors. There's World Eaters and Thousand Sons out there - this isn't a job for a few random packs of Grey Hunters!

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:43 am

Webway gate using the new Baal Red. I was a bit hesitant about it because it's pinkish when wet and not very contrasty - thought I might need a wash for the runes on the gate. But it went on super smooth and dried to a nice red where the detail stood out so pretty happy with it.

Probably start using it in preference to Blood Angels Red for armour.

Edit: runes are invisible in the picture because of the angle, of course.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:26 pm

@Jye - That terrain piece looks pretty big, it should make a nice centerpiece for all of those freshly painted terminators to fight over.

@Grantholomeu - Cavatica looks very dapper.

@Konrad - I don't really need to sculpt cloaks, but I do need to figure out a good way to do pteruges.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:13 am

Did up some shadowy elves:
The Shadeborn for Underworlds. (The tricky thing about the facts that their cloaks magically fade into shadow is that shadows are, well, dark. :lol:)
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 11 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:24 pm

Nice elving!

Are you going to play them soon or do they need to wait their turn?

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:51 pm

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:24 pm
Nice elving!

Are you going to play them soon or do they need to wait their turn?
The trouble with painting is I want to play every warband extremely hard after I paint them... and then I paint the next ones. :lol: But I'll probably use them sooner rather than later - playing a lot of Rivals makes it easier to just chuck a warband in the case and bring them along. Depending on what fits in the box, August should be Goblins in Relatively Serious Mode plus one or two Harrowdeep / Nethermaze warbands in Rivals, but at the moment I'm leaning towards seeing how the Buccaneers like Vainglorious Raiders.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 11 infantry

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:02 am

@ToD - Those shadow elves look great.
The Other Dave wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:51 pm
August should be Goblins in Relatively Serious Mode...
It seems GW are really expanding on the multiple modes of play concept. :lol:
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”