What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: What did you do today.

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:24 am

Primarch wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:02 am
@ToD - Those shadow elves look great.
The Other Dave wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:51 pm
August should be Goblins in Relatively Serious Mode...
It seems GW are really expanding on the multiple modes of play concept. :lol:
Thirty-Seven Ways to Play, on a Finely-Graded Scale of Just How Much Effort You Want to Put In!(TM)
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 11 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:01 am

Luckily between talons in 30k and all the different 40k dread sheets, I have not yet exceeded the number of dreads I can technically field.
Last edited by Jye Nicolson on Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:22 am

@Jye - I like Dreads as much as the next person, but I think we're going to have to stage an intervention. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cool looking group of wolf-bots. At some point you're going to have to give us a family photo of all your dreadnoughts together.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:10 am

Dreadnoughts are basically everything that is cool in 40K, in a nutshell.

This weekend I primed and preshaded the skaven for Underworlds, and played through one of the mini-campaigns in Blackstone Fortress just for a lark. It was nice to get it on the table again, and gave me a hankering to play with people again rather than solo. (I also looked on eBay for the expansions I missed. 16,000 yen for the Zoat! That's what I get for not feeling FOMO - MO'ing. :lol: Although OTOH that's "only" double retail price...)
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 11 infantry

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:21 am

I kinda regret not getting the metal chaos dreadnaught when I first started playing :?

I actually have the Forgeworld Nurgle contemptor dreadnaught with the conversion beam and Nurgle claw with a heavy flamer inside, but it's in The States. Those were the days, with that thing in one corner and the Defiler in the other, bombing everything across the board. Does anyone use Defilers anymore? I reckon they could get a revamp to their kit. They're so cool conceptually, but the kit is quite dated.
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:39 pm

Nexus finished. Ready to play two full painted crews this games day! :D

"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:01 pm

That is some very nice work Grant, what a great model!

I got some paint on a Praetor. Now down to...41...unpainted models from that box.

To be fair the Spartan was very large.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:06 pm

@Grantholomeu - Nice work on Nexus, he/she/it looks suitably creepy.
@Jye - Cool looking Praetor.

This evening I finished up a few reinforcements for my Word Bearers Legion.
A squad of recon marines with sniper rifles, and a couple of extra plasma gun support troops.
And a Land Raider that I got from Grantholomeu a while back.

None of them have had decals/weathering done yet, but I will do it at some stage. I had intended to field all of these models this Sunday, but it looks like they'll be waiting a bit longer for their first outing.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:36 am

very impressive work, everybody. I love those nexus minis, I really do. Some malifaux stuff, while nice and all, doesnt really float my boat (guild, mostly) but all the Cadmus stuff is right up my alley. Honestly, if Grant wasn't already playing them, I might even buy some. So thank you for saving me from having yet another crew that'd be sitting unused, Grant :lol:

@Prim - much spikey. Much bearing of words. *nods approvingly*

And that's some quality work on the Praetor, Jye. Honestly, I dont think I'll ever be able to look at someone in power armour and not just mentally categorise them as yet-another-spess-mahreen*, but you've done that particular lad proud, with a very nice paint job. Also very good work on the dreadnaughts**. Job is, as they say, a good 'un.

*I really can't help it. I have tried and tried. I intend no disrespect to Space Marine players, and a fully painted marine army on the tabletop looks proper lovely. But I just automatically see them in terms of "what would be the best gun to shoot that with?"

**oddly, I really like dreadnaughts and SM tanks. Bloody love em, actually. Something to do with their defiant chonkiness. The Caestus Assault Ram is a favourite of mine. Like, "screw you, laws of physics, I is an Imperial flyer, and gravity and aerodynamics will do as I bloody well tell em. FortheEmprah!" :lol:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:43 am

Great work on the traitors, @Primarch! Love the Land Raider.
me_in_japan wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:36 am
*I really can't help it. I have tried and tried. I intend no disrespect to Space Marine players, and a fully painted marine army on the tabletop looks proper lovely. But I just automatically see them in terms of "what would be the best gun to shoot that with?"
As a Marine player, I am offended.

As a Sisters, Knights, Custodes, Aeldari and *checks hobby area* Tau player, absolutely, 💯. Bright Lances will do the job but you may need to peel off a squad from around them first.

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”