What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Primarch » Mon May 23, 2022 3:48 am

The hussars' pelisses look like they were a bit of a pain, that's a lot of lacework.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue May 24, 2022 2:00 am

Nice Hussars, @Konrad, worth the effort for sure.

I've hit up the Bic Camera for paint before, but my impression was they were iffy on stock. Have they been restocking that rack?

Ended up getting the paint I needed at Yodobashi, they are also iffy on stock but randomly still get new things in and I have seen them restocking paint so it's hard to resist the temptation to drop in if I'm going past 🤷‍♀️

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Thu May 26, 2022 1:21 pm

Finally got something painted to help The Underdweller differentiate from all my humanoid-shaped, grey-scale minis :lol:

"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu May 26, 2022 1:34 pm

@Grantholomeu - Nice work on the husks, I like the shading on their skin.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu May 26, 2022 2:50 pm

Those are great, @Grantholomeu!

I've gone back to Elden Ring for a bit of a rest after the Asuryani but with some more Creed Camo and a few meetings/baseball games I finished the Fronteris terrain.

...though there is going to be plenty more with the next Kill Team box...

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri May 27, 2022 2:13 am

@Grant, ooh, those look great!

I've mostly been getting back into No Man's Sky nonsense (and continuing my "making up for lost time on never having had a console and picking up several-year-old well-regarded PS4 games" binge with the very nifty and rather creepy Control too), as the bits I ordered from Battle Bling to finish up my fifth Mordaxis titan are still in the mail (boo!), and while the Exiled Dead were released in Japan (yay!), they haven't arrived yet either (boo!), and while the Neutron Laser dire wolf also came back in stock at Forgeworld (yay!), it was only yesterday so I have to wait on that too (boo!), and while I do have Blackpowder's Buccanners on the painting table I'm just not feeling them (eeh?).
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri May 27, 2022 3:15 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 2:13 am
@Grant, ooh, those look great!

I've mostly been getting back into No Man's Sky nonsense (and continuing my "making up for lost time on never having had a console and picking up several-year-old well-regarded PS4 games" binge with the very nifty and rather creepy Control too), as the bits I ordered from Battle Bling to finish up my fifth Mordaxis titan are still in the mail (boo!), and while the Exiled Dead were released in Japan (yay!), they haven't arrived yet either (boo!), and while the Neutron Laser dire wolf also came back in stock at Forgeworld (yay!), it was only yesterday so I have to wait on that too (boo!), and while I do have Blackpowder's Buccanners on the painting table I'm just not feeling them (eeh?).
That was quite an emotional roller-coaster of a post. :lol:

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri May 27, 2022 5:52 am

Just the fast-paced life of a miniatures wargamer!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri May 27, 2022 10:15 pm

The Other Dave wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 2:13 am
d while the Neutron Laser dire wolf also came back in stock at Forgeworld (yay!),
Why do I suddenly want to start a band called "Neutron Laser Dire Wolf" ? I can't play guitar or sing or anything and I am not sure that would be a problem.

@Prim- The lace and all the gold bits actually were done with GW somethingsomething Gunmetal, a glaze of Contrast whatchamacallit Yellow, and a wash of miracle sauce Agrax Earthshade. The bling is very bling-ing.

@Grant- nice! I agree, great, smooth skin tones. Bases are nice too, needs more skulls maybe, but nice. :D
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun May 29, 2022 11:28 pm

Howdy all. Still haven't managed even a tiny bit of painting. I've gone from a complete lack of interest to somewhat interested but bugger me it's too hot to do much. Which is progress of a sort, I guess :lol:

What I did do was finish Horizon: Zero Dawn. Good lord but I've never wanted a PS5 more. It took me 70 hours (on and off over a period of months) to get through, and it was so damn good I'll probably do it again some time. It's definitely one of the best games I've played in years (and yes, I realise it's actually 5 years old, but I'm on the PC and thus behind the times.) If any of you have even a passing interest in open-world somewhat-fighty RPGs I'd definitely recommend it. It's got excellent world building, intuitive but varied combat, and some surprisingly deep themes at its heart (what exactly does it mean to be human? Do we even deserve to be here? People are dumb, but also kinda awesome, no?) It's also got robot dinosaurs with giant rocket launchers and face-lasers, if that's more your thing :D

Anyway - having finished that id love to think I can now get into some painting, but sadly cyberpunk 2077 is calling my name. I started it a while back but got sidetracked by Aloy, so I think I'll head back there for a bit. But who knows! Maybe Ill paint something today? Stranger things have happened...

@Dave - ooh! I also need to get back into Control. I got sidetracked from that when I hit the Alan Wake dlc section, and had to go off and play Alan Wake (which I duly did, but haven't quite finished. Ive become aware that I have serious issues actually finishing things I enjoy. Maybe I should finish Alan Wake, then Control, then Cyberpunk? Blech. So many games, so little time...)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”