What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:10 am

I did have some stuff primed! Quite a lot actually, just not much in the current project pipeline.

I pre-ordered this Castigator but its path to being painted was very slow and gradual over many meetings. It's just not all that great in game, but I will give it a run this weekend in case it can turn my opinion around.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:10 am

@Jye- that tank is just mental. What a fun kit. No one grim the dark like the Sisters.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:19 am

Konrad wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:10 am
@Jye- that tank is just mental. What a fun kit. No one grim the dark like the Sisters.
Yeah they're absolutely my favourite army.

Not my favourite army to *paint*. Absolutely peak "why am I still painting, how did I miss that spot, ah dammit that needs to be picked out in gold too".

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:37 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:19 am
Konrad wrote:

Not my favourite army to *paint*. Absolutely peak "why am I still painting, how did I miss that spot, ah dammit that needs to be picked out in gold too".
I can see what you mean. So getting a Garden of Morr box and some cherubs to kit-bash into your next one is out of the question then? :D
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:37 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:19 am
Konrad wrote:

I can see what you mean. So getting a Garden of Morr box and some cherubs to kit-bash into your next one is out of the question then? :D
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:28 am

Konrad wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:37 am
I painted three Exorcists, I did my time!

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:47 am

Finished my Nightsilk Creeper just before game day, but didn't get around to posting until now.

"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:47 am

Grantholomeu wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:47 am
Finished my Nightsilk Creeper just before game day, but didn't get around to posting until now.

Good lord. 8 legs, 4 arms must have been a nightmare putting together. From what I've heard about Mali figures, those were probably all separate pieces too. :D
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:51 am

Looks awesome, Grant! Sorry I didn't stop by the Malifaux table and check it out.

For my part I just snuck out of work to do some quick priming of the Termies and Contemptors I've been building. It's bloody hot but dry 😌

No excuses not to have a 30k force by next game day now, just have to crack open the paint pot.

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:15 am

Konrad wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:47 am
Good lord. 8 legs, 4 arms must have been a nightmare putting together. From what I've heard about Mali figures, those were probably all separate pieces too. :D
Oh yeah. More of a pain to clean up all the mould lines. Once that was done, they at least all had a ball joint kind of place to fit into nicely.
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”