What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: What did you do today.

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:50 pm

Some more Darkest Dungon - giant mosquitoes:

A big old blood statue?

And this adorable weirdo:
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:24 pm

That is an adorable weirdo! Great stuff Dave!
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:26 am

i like the bleeding statue. The darkest dungeon minis are all pleasingly different, which is a rare thing in this day and age.

As for me, well, I'm still here. Bit knackered from my new placement (sooooo many new people to meet, and tons of prep. So blah on that front. On the plus side, Mrs MiJ is much, much happier with her new working situation, so tension levels in the MiJ household have dropped off the charts. Also, I havent cooked dinner on a weekday since April started. It's great.)

What I have done, though, is roll some dice! yay! Spev came over last weekend and we played a couple games of Space Weirdos (finally, after our previous plan was thwarted by Pappy N and his poxy chickens.) Here's some pics from the day. We did the same scenario twice, changing roles. Both times the raiders made off with the loot, but it was close both times, and I'd like to claim the moral victory as in Game 1 I managed to capture his leader and drag him off for bounty with my Dark Eldar, and it took him all of Game 2 to get him back (we made him the loot :lol: )

All in all, I'd highly recommend Space Weirdos as a skirmish game system. It's really back and forth, and no single dice roll feels too swingy - there's a great wee chart that allows for edge case results like if you get shot at you might be fine AND get to shoot back at your attacker for free, which can be real fun when it works. Feels very pewpew, ducking behind cover, pewpew shooting back etc. Defo worth your time.

Spev's gang
and other gang

I used dark eldar and cryx, because such are the joys of miniature agnostic systems.

I even painted a Mandrake!

this ended poorly for chainsaw man, iirc. He was pretty scary, though.

we had to steal a Thing from inside the truck.

It seemed like a really good idea to dig my cankerworm up through the building to attack his unarmed psyker on the roof, but then he used telekenesis and dropped the worm from 3 stories up. That was bad.

This went about as well as you might expect for the drone.

and this is what happens when you don't-bring-any-weapons-at-all to a gunfight

lurking in an alley, in proppa wormy style.

By the way, I haven't given up on getting up to Nagoya (with or without the kids). But, fate intervenes. This month my in-laws are coming to visit, and next month my brother and his gf are coming over, so the soonest I can potentially make the trip to Nagoya is June. I shall do my best.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:44 pm

Looks like an awesome time MiJ!

For my part after getting back from holiday I've been scratching at the assembly backlog with Tacticals, Aggressors, a Redemptor and a Kratos. The last I'm trying to do without locking myself into a weapons loadout before the edition change inevitably makes me regret it.

I'm fighting the tendency to push everything off until post edition change - this is actually the time to hobby and have the decks clear for the inevitable big core box and to actually play when 10th hits. But I know if I glue a loadout now the weapons I choose will be bad, whereas if I wait till I have a datasheet the whole unit will be terrible :lol:

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:58 pm

Awesome stuff, mij!

As for me, the Horizon Forbidden West DLC dropped yesterday, so... yeah. I may not get much painting done for a bit as I'm going to be busy fighting giant robot frogs. (They are the worst.)
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:46 pm

The Other Dave wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:58 pm
Awesome stuff, mij!

As for me, the Horizon Forbidden West DLC dropped yesterday, so... yeah. I may not get much painting done for a bit as I'm going to be busy fighting giant robot frogs. (They are the worst.)
Augh....video games...... I got sucked back into Age of Conan, this ancient mmorpg, and have not done any hobby-ing for like a month. Just can't stop killing Picts.... Got a whole desk full of sad, twisted, root-infested Perry figures in various stages of Turnipification. This Sunday I'll get back to work. Play TOOL or Primus or something weird in the background and get puttying. I've got a unit of Fodder done and another half done. Working on some Bastards and need to make one more unit of something. I love the names of the units in Turnip 28. A Stump gun would be fun! Boom! I think I have bits to cobble together something like that.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:22 am

Uh oh.

(Primaris Captain for scale)

I don't think I can deal with this now, going to push it into the corner until some time after 10th Edition 😅

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:30 am

Does anyone remember when a board game was just a smallish board, two dice and a handful of tokens. :lol:
That is a scarily large looking box.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:31 pm

@Jye
That thing better be paying rent :lol:

p.s. if we're talking video games, I just finished Omori, and it was very very very good.
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:17 pm

Ooh, if we're talking vidya games, I just started playing The Last of Us on PC. And, much to my surprise, it runs pretty smoothly actually. I did have to spend a loooooong time building shaders, but once that was done I started it up and haven't had any crashes or trouble or anything. Plus, I'm running it on a very mid range machine, so overall I'm pretty happy so far. The game is not a happy game, mind you. It's Serious. Grim, even. Much mood. Much emotion. :|

It's very well done, though. I keep playing to see what happens next...
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”