What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:40 am

I also picked up the Horizon DLC, and it's grand. I don't think I'll spend as much time on it as Dave, prolly just the main story and side quests, but I'm glad I didn't wait for a sale.

I want to use Commander Dante next week, who is arriving later today, and some Death Company and Sanguinary Guard who still aren't painted, so there will be some hobby time vs PlayStation time tension at some point...

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:56 pm

I managed to finish the story of the Horizon DLC today (<3), assemble Dante, an Underworlds team of frighteningly spindly Witch Elves and a squad of Desolation Marines so it feels vaguely productive.

Dante is a nice mini and pretty substantial. I'd accidentally bought the Finecast version (I don't know why I thought it would be plastic), which can now stay in the cupboard forever, but it's a worthy sacrifice to make the Primaris version happen.

When I was complaining online today that the Easy-to-Build Underworlds teams are anything but, someone helpfully pointed out glue has an age restriction on sales, and the easy to build stuff may be the way it is because you should n't be selling Citadel glue to under 16s. I feel like that's one mystery solved but not the one of why a principle that applies nicely to Intercessors and Stormcast gets applied to extremely spindly acrobatic murder elves.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:13 am

With Underworlds especially, I sometimes feel like there's a touch of "let's push the envelope with push-fit miniature design," which is cool and produces some really neat miniatures that are relatively easy to put together, but is also sort of at odds with the aimed-at-beginners-ness of the whole thing. :lol:

I also wrapped up the Horizon DLC, and it was good fun - lots of neat set-piece puzzles and battles, fun new robot dinosaurs (and frogs), the all-important new face paints and armor skins, and what is in retrospect a sort of bittersweet good-bye to an important character in the series, whose voice actor (Lance Reddick) passed away suddenly after production.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:04 pm

More Death Company. I think Blood Angels Red may have been the way to go for the helmets rather than the less contrasty Baal Red, but they're done enough for now. Time to polish off quite a lot of Sanguinary Guard.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:14 am

After a short panic-attack about 10am yesterday, (Wait? Is today game-day? Did I just blow-off TOD and Darkest Dungeon again? No, no next week...safe...) I got in a good 4-5 hours of puttying and chopping and root-ify-ing random Napoleonics and Gothic foot knights into shape for the sad, soggy, nightmare that is Turnip 28. Have not done anything for the last few weeks and felt good to get back in the groove.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:38 am

The Sanguinary Guard are finally done! Probably just in time to get a model refresh in early 10th :)

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:00 pm

...since this guy got one!

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:01 pm

Murder elves! I was going to be very happy to have a new team for the next Underworlds day in Ichinomiya but it looks like the new season box will arrive first so I might have a couple :lol:

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:23 pm

Also one of these guys, for the six or so remaining weeks in which they are very good.

The base is still drying and isn't washed but it's not going to be anything special so I'm doing the photo now.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun May 07, 2023 10:11 am

Not the most productive Golden Week I've had so far but in addition to a bunch of assembly I finished off this random collection of purple marines.

The Aggressors are from Imperium magazine.

The Devastators are the first of two squads for a drop pod awaiting priming, though annoyingly I've managed to lose one of them somewhere so there'll be someone with a multimelta or missile launcher or something instead of eight gravs.

The Emperor's Champion is the limited edition mini and not actually useful but who doesn't like a good Ork stabbing?

The dread is supposed to represent my character dread from the Goonhammer campaign so it has some references to her upgrades and backstory (in the form of some Blood Angels and Space Wolf bling). I don't really have the skills to do the character herself (would need to freehand some Heian era poetry or somehow visually reference period imperial clothing) but she's got the right guns at least.
Last edited by Jye Nicolson on Sun May 07, 2023 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”