What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:33 am

Today I glued together a bunch of Custodes I'd managed to break without even taking them to games. They'll be ready for tomorrow.

Also played in an epic mission of the Vadinax campaign, where my Loyalist Emperor's Children (Iron Hands) went Kraken hunting with Space Wolf allies. The beast has infinite wounds for the purposes of the mission (so all the hunters can have a crack this week), so you count up how much damage you can do. We did 1500 wounds over the course of the game!

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:19 am

Roooooooot! We eat the Root and the Root eats us. I fished these out of the brush pile after the gardening club cleaned out the flower bed.

And put this banner together. Still need to try and print it. It's all AI generated images that I clipped, trimmed and Ibis Painted together.

I also painted up a Toff for my yet non-existent Turnip 28 army. At this rate, I'll have everything to play, but actual troops.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:31 am

Last week's output:

WW2 Germans.
WW2 Free French.
WW2 West Africans.
WW2 Russians.
Guild for Malifaux.
Death Korps of Krieg.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:42 pm

@Prim- you are a machine!
aaaaand..... My weekend hobby-ing resulted in me destroying the banner I had just carefully stained and torn and gotten ready to be mounted. Turns out you can't crinkle bubble-jet prints :roll: ...... Actually not a huge disaster. I went back and tweaked the contrast and sharpness and what not and made a better version anyways. Maybe I can get that carefully stained and torn and glued on tonight.
I have a couple boxes of Perry Am Rev and Medieval Foot knights in the mail. I found some other odds and bobs to start on a unit of ....I forget what the Heavy Cavalry unit in T28 are called...Bastards, I think. PIcs soon.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:48 pm

Fantastic work as always Primarchs, amazing throughput while keeping the minis looking good!

These took me a while, and there's more where they came from! Really happy with Black Legion as a paint though

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:51 pm

Blood Angels Captain, destined for an exciting career of standing near Sanguinary Guard.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:08 am

@Jye - Cool Blood Angels.

I painted some things:
Some Japanese monsters.
Very old Blood Bowl Orcs.
Modern Zombies.
American War of Independence British.
Skeletal Pirates.
Fantasy Zombies.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:01 am

@Prim - you are nothing if not productive, although eclectic also fits the bill. That's a lot of pretty random dudesmen youve done this week. Tip o the hat to ye, as always. *hat tip*
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:55 am

I picked up a tube of Lamp Black, Raw Umber and a little bottle of white spirits and did a bit of experimenting with oil washes. I think I could get to like them. I was using them mostly like an Agrax/Nuln Oil wash, but with oil paint you get a lot more control. You can wipe off raised areas with a bit of tissue or make-up applicator (neither of which were perfect, must search for perfect tool). It is easy to go back and dilute if it is too strong or to blend the wash into other areas....lots of tricks and techniques I have not even began to figure out yet. I like working wet-on-wet in general and I think I could really get into these. And the color is really, really rich and deep. I need to pick up some primary colors and expand the palette.
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:50 am

I like the idea of oil (and enamel) washes, and certainly can't argue with the results, but the idea of getting a whole new mess of stinky thinners you need to be careful with disposing of and such is daunting. :oops: Probably just me being lazy in the end, of course.

I had a bit of a month off painting to play dwarf fortress, but I've tapped things out a bit there and am back on the wagon. So here's the Mammoth Cyst for Darkest Dungeon, along with its attendant White Cell Stalks. That makes all the bosses for the Darkest Dungeon itself done, leaving only the four stages of the final boss fight to paint up!

I do love a bit of gloss varnish on the eyes for that authentic wet puppet look.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”