What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu May 02, 2024 12:34 pm

Inspired by @YellowStreak's deep red Sector Fronteris I slapped some Flesh Tearers Red on this bit of Kill Team scenery I've had forever.

Absolutely does not fit in the case with the rest of the stuff though so not coming to Nagoyahammer 😭

ashdevon
Warrior

Post by ashdevon » Thu May 02, 2024 9:42 pm

Happy Nagoyahammer 2024 all. Was thinking of you all gaming today the other side of the world. Hope you have had a great day and didn't drink too much. (Even though I see it's nomi hodai 🍻😜).

Demo game in store today was epic. Had my own rare outing to the local GW today in your honour. https://imgur.com/gallery/ML65Q08

After a lot of painting at home there's nothing quite like finally getting the models on the board for a good old fashioned game of dice rolling. Thank you to my local GW staff for a fantastic demo game of the new 40k rules today, 10th edition. I throughly enjoyed it and was in my element. Everyone is happy when they are gaming. I'll be back for more and a bigger battle. 👍🤓🎲🎲 Great fun.

Wait a minute! What am I saying.
- Record scratch -
What I meant was
Surprisingly ass kicking battle. My Sternguard held their ground against endless un nameable horrors while my Librarian and Infernos squad purged the Xenos hive minds. Not before time my Terminators and Captain deep struck into enemy lines mopping up the Gaunts.
We only played two full turns and my opponent was winning on points but it could have gone either way. Splendiferous. 👏😂😎

I'm loving the new streamlined rules and it plays very smoothly. We also made good use of the cards to save thumbing through the rulebook. So much quicker once you have those and the keywords you need handy. A lovely set of rules. Simplistic and yet complicated if you choose to add additional. Very impressed overall.
Nearly finished the pile of miniatures from 2013.
Painting mainly historical with some fantasy and Sci-Fi.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu May 02, 2024 10:03 pm

Glad you enjoyed it! 10th has been really good in pretty consistently delivering good games, there's been some issues (*cough* Aeldari) but I've played a ton of close games now and it usually only gets definitively away one way or another in round four or five ime.

Really loving Tyranids too, seen a lot of the dynamic you describe where the opponent has a cracking time fighting and killing them but then the scoreboard is on Team Bug :lol: They feel very fair and interactive while still being pretty good at gathering points. I had planned on bringing them to Nagoyahammer but they eat into my ability to carry terrain with me so it's Marines instead.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed May 08, 2024 11:59 am

Really more resin than I prefer to deal with but it was either this or another Land Raider 😅

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu May 09, 2024 3:41 pm

I have a lot of these guys for some reason. The trim felt hard this time but whatever, there's always more.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon May 13, 2024 12:06 am

@MIJ- or you could just spatter more blood! More bloooooood! :twisted: I should get a couple, few Wyches. They would be an easy way to kit-bash Diggachicks!
@Jye- that turquoise wash of yours really worked on that skimmer tank whatsit. It really looks like it is inlaid with huge slabs of polished green marble. So over the top! I love it! There is little more grimdark than Custodes. That would be a fun army to put together.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon May 13, 2024 10:41 am

I painted up this guy for Jye:
(And also got some sand and turf on the base after a brief consultation.)

Now I'm sitting at my painting table pondering the eternal question: What's the best color for a squid?
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 17 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon May 13, 2024 11:09 am

Orange but I already did orange :)

Love the Ufthak, thanks very much!

For my part I assembled all the Kroot and I'm working on gluing various mecha suits as a reward for metaphorically eating my vegetables. Will be time to paint again shortly though.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon May 13, 2024 3:06 pm

A mildly mobile gun.

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”