Projects and rejects

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Projects and rejects

Post by Primarch » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:17 am

Hey guys.
So what is on your "to do" list at the moment? After finishing my High Elves the thursday before last I have embarked on several small filler projects to try to keep me motivated.
At the moment I am working on:
Terrain for Secrets of the Third Reich (a bombed out building)
Terrain for Malifaux (a store and a soulstone vein)
My Malifaux crew (Death Marshals)

However, I figure that with a bit of effort on my part, I can probably get a 5 man marine squad done by sunday next week, SO
What do I paint?
Blood Angels?
Salamanders?
Space Wolves?

Choose one for me NagoyaHammerers.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: Projects and rejects

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:38 am

re:what marines to paint. Id ask yourself "what am i gonna use next?" and paint them.

I don't really have a "to-do" list, as I find it demoralising. I do have a WIP, though - Corax. After he's done, i currently feel like painting either Ar-Fienel, my Avatar or my Cryx chaps, but that may change by the time I actually finish Corax.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:58 pm

For you, I would suggestion Salamanders. Easiest to paint might help motivate you.

For me, at the top of my rejected list is my High Elves. After reading more about 8th edition, I've been working on confirming my list to the new rules. This has been quite frustrating as it'll be the second revision to the army build up and I have yet to play a game with them. So off to the shelf they go and maybe someday in the future I'll bring them down.
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:05 am

My to-do list has 2 biggies at the moment, both of which I'm gamely chipping away at:

Goblins: I now have the models to field about 1000 points, and about a third of them are painted. I'm going to try and stick to my guns and paint them all up before I start buying any more stuff (and also see how the game plays, natch). I'm dipping them, so it shouldn't take more than a couple months, allowing for down-time.

Epic Eldar: They're my only unfinished Epic army - I have less than 3000 points painted and enough in the to-do box to bring them up over 5000. They got back-burnered this month as I focused on the core of by gobbo force, but in July I hope to be able to split my time between them evenly, and have a 3000-point demo-able force painted up by July's Joshin day.

Aside from that, the only thing I really have pending is finishing up my basic Hordes force, Legion of Everblight. Again, I decided to paint what I've got before buying more, so that means I have to paint up half of my unit of Blighted Archers and all the Acolyths for my Spawning Vessel. When those are done I'll be able to start collecting new stuff. The Stingers, unfortunately, look like something I've been hoping for for a while now (namely, lesser dragonspawn with a breath weapon), so they're probably going to be a must-buy.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 17 infantry

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:17 am

Oh so many toys, so little time. I have 3 Deff copters barely base coated that I need to finish. I'm mostly working on some scratch build Amazon/Wood-Elf babes for Mordhiem. Just a little more work and I should have 3 finished up pretty and ready to paint. And of course I have half a dozen Orks or so in various stages of Squatification.
I want to build some Ork/Squat Nobz. I need some big, bad , cyber-slayer dudes with Klaws! I also want to build a battery of Lobbaz with a Mole Mortar theme. Like the old M.M from 2nd edition.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:35 am

I still have a whopping load of Khorne Marines to get done.

And between doing them I have a load of superheroes to get through too!
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”