"Posting photos? Twenty years, creep!"

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Lovejoy
Legend

Re: "Posting photos? Twenty years, creep!"

Post by Lovejoy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Very nice! I have been reliving childhood and reading the JD casebooks from volume 2 on (because Cursed Earth is included) and just finished vol 8, so I'm very interested in gaming Dredd. Through Judge Child, Block Mania and Apocalypse War I have been having a blast. I'd also forgotten how satirical the world was, and as an Adult appreciate some aspects even more. As a kid the strip seemed a real antidote to po-faced and humourless superheroes at the time, still seems to hold its own in this respect.
Do you get any Dredd Miniature games in? If so, does it play well? The idea of playing as a judge and having to arrest the opponent before being allowed to fire seems interesting, the campaign system sounds pretty robust too.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:38 pm

A few more:

I really need to paint some perps now. :)

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:49 pm

How many dreddies do you have now? It must be quite a few.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:47 am

Lovejoy wrote:Very nice! I have been reliving childhood and reading the JD casebooks from volume 2 on (because Cursed Earth is included) and just finished vol 8, so I'm very interested in gaming Dredd. Through Judge Child, Block Mania and Apocalypse War I have been having a blast. I'd also forgotten how satirical the world was, and as an Adult appreciate some aspects even more. As a kid the strip seemed a real antidote to po-faced and humourless superheroes at the time, still seems to hold its own in this respect.
Do you get any Dredd Miniature games in? If so, does it play well? The idea of playing as a judge and having to arrest the opponent before being allowed to fire seems interesting, the campaign system sounds pretty robust too.
Block Mania was a regular event at our local game-geek convention back in the day at the FLGS. We'd get pretty loud, naturally. "Millhouse (stomp stomp) Nixon! Millhouse (stomp stomp) Nixon!"
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:38 pm

@Konrad, Happy memories! I guess you mean the boardgame incarnation? I remember playing the Block Mania boardgame once and only once back in the day, it must have been Realms of Chaos era GW. I was about 16 or 17 and 3 of us were giving it a run through. Things got heated and the guy who owned the game threw his toys out of the pram when 2 of us ganged up on him and swept the board and pieces off the table in a fit of nerd rage. That was the end of our friendship and we never really saw eye to eye again! Worth it though.

Again, those minis are looking the business AGP. Am now midway through JD casefiles 12 on kindle. I've now passed the stories I read as a kid so it's all new to me. Again, If anyone is interested in playing the miniatures game please let me know! I have the rules and a couple of starter gangs. All Dredded up and no place to go as it were. :cry:
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:03 pm

me_in_japan wrote:How many dreddies do you have now? It must be quite a few.
Hunnerds of the things. Still a few things to come through from the Lickstarter, but what I've posted here is about half the Justice Department - not including the Manta Prowl Tank. Then there's the street punks, ape gang, renegade robots, Cursed Earth muties, the Angel Gang, Sovs of East-Meg One, zombies, Dark Judges, ...

If you're looking for some Necromunda-type action, the game is rather good, even if you're not a Dredd fan.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:56 pm

Lovejoy wrote:@Konrad, Happy memories! I guess you mean the boardgame incarnation? I remember playing the Block Mania boardgame once and only once back in the day, it must have been Realms of Chaos era GW. I was about 16 or 17 and 3 of us were giving it a run through. Things got heated and the guy who owned the game threw his toys out of the pram when 2 of us ganged up on him and swept the board and pieces off the table in a fit of nerd rage. That was the end of our friendship and we never really saw eye to eye again! Worth it though.

Again, those minis are looking the business AGP. Am now midway through JD casefiles 12 on kindle. I've now passed the stories I read as a kid so it's all new to me. Again, If anyone is interested in playing the miniatures game please let me know! I have the rules and a couple of starter gangs. All Dredded up and no place to go as it were. :cry:
That would be the boardgame. Oh man, nerd rage........ I was not there to witness it, but we had a guy at the FLGS throw a chair. This was a "grown" man. Good guy 99% of the time actually, just had that one (now legendary) temper tantrum.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:49 pm

The boardgame does indeed cause rage. I had Judge Death bang to rights for ... armed robbery or somesuch - a good, high-scoring arrest. Until some rotten fink played the card which meant it wasn't really Death, and it didn't count. :evil:

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”