Raging heroes Kickstarter

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Raging heroes Kickstarter

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:30 am

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lou ... escription

Right, so, it's another miniatures kickstarter. This particular one is actually tempting me, albeit on a small scale. It certainly ticks all my boxes, to whit:

1) run by an established company.
2) good sculpts, and proven record of accurately turning concept into sculpt.
3) not such a huge buy in
4) not the same as other stuff

I'm personally interested in maybe about 2-6 minis, depending on what pops up over the course of the campaign. The range looks like it's screaming out to be used as Escher for necromunda, and would also be very nice for DKoK IG. There may also be room for Khador players, too. Or, heck, if it tickles your fancy you could jump in for a whole IG army of ladies.

The only thing leaving me pondering is postage - it's 23dollars to Japan, but that's a flat rate. So, if one or two other folks were to join me in my pledge it would lower postage per head significantly. Take a gander, and if you're interested, PM me or post here. Of course, there's nowt to stop you just signing up yourself too, and depending on quantity that may even be the best option.

Disclaimer: This is a Kickstarter. If you don't know what that means, bear in mind that I have so far pledged on 4 kickstarters, all of which promised delivery ranging from November last year to March this year. So far, i have received half of one of them. That's just how these things roll. Be prepared to be very patient. On the plus side, you'll get stuff way cheaper than retail, and you may also get a bunch of exclusive freebie type stuff, depending on the project.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Raging heroes Kickstarter

Post by Primarch » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:01 am

Will to resist fading....
Urge to spend rising....
Darn you M_i_J, darn you to heck!
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Eigen
Rookie

Post by Eigen » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:28 am

HNNNNNGGH. Wallet...RUN AWAY WALLET.

These are amazing. Will probably buy in. <3

Though, a little edit...as awesome as these are. They have an estimated delivery of March 2014. How does that compare vs. other KS campaigns? You said how long you waited...how long did they forecast delivery?

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:13 am

Geez you guys are slow off the mark.
Already a backer, as I've been a Raging Heroes fan for a while. I've got quite a bit of their stuff and it's really nice. Especially if you like female Fantasy/SF characters.
Morituri nolumus mori!

Eigen
Rookie

Post by Eigen » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:50 am

I caved and jumped in at the Lt. level. I really would love some of those figs to supplement my IG! It bugs me how they're all uniform looking males. Variety for the win!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:07 am

Mike the Pike wrote:Geez you guys are slow off the mark.
Already a backer, as I've been a Raging Heroes fan for a while. I've got quite a bit of their stuff and it's really nice. Especially if you like female Fantasy/SF characters.
I was watching the count down to the kickstarter, does that count?

The models do look very nice, I'm just trying to decide what I would use them for.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

jehan-reznor
Champion

Post by jehan-reznor » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:58 am

I wouldn't mind jumping in with someone to lessen the shipping coste but what to get? ;)

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:16 am

Wow they look really nice...hmm.....
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:10 pm

I've been a fan of raging heroes for awhile. Very nice dark elf in manticore model if it is the same company I'm thinking of... If I was running a sisters of battle army, I'd be all over these. Very nice.
The one, the only.

Putting foot to butt all over the universe.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:42 pm

@PV - yup, same company. It would appear they'll be doing a dark elf kickstarter later, too. Maybe best to start saving now :D

@ Eigen - re delivery times. The KSs I backed were:

Sedition Wars. Backed in July '12, delivery estimate Nov '12, actual delivery of basic stuff was about...March, iirc. Still waiting on wave 2 (scenery, other ltd ed pieces, that bloody battlefoam bag)

Imbrian Arts. Backed Dec '12. Due April '13. Expected delivery? Gawd knows. It's a one-man show, so it's very dependent on how he feels at the time. But, his original plans for getting the minis cast by trollforged has gone to hell, so post-kickstarter he had to shift all production to metal instead, which is playing merry hell with his own costs, especially postage.

Massive Voodoo art book. Backed Nov '12. Due Dec '12. Still waiting. This is a 2 man show, with allegedly almost all production photography already done pre-kickstarter. I trust em though - the Jarhead and Picster are very well known painty dudes.

Reaper Bones. Backed...some time last year. Due...March, I think. Actually coming...who knows. I piggybacked Prim's order, so I don't get access to all their updates. Still, Reaper ain't about to run off with me cash, I expect.

A lot of miniature KSs have taken a lot of flak for being overdue. I think RH have learned from this and have pitched their expected delivery pessimistically late rather than optimistically early. I suspect you'd see a few minis before march next year, but even if you don't, it'll be a nice surprise when they arrive, cos if you're like me you'll have forgotten all about em by then :lol:

With regards to Raging Heroes, I reckon I might buy in for 80 bucks or so. I like the big tech-priest looking lass, and there are plenty of others I want to paint. Snipers and heavies, mostly.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”