Golden Daemon Japan 2013

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Golden Daemon Japan 2013

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:26 am

Did you guys even take any pictures?
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:43 pm

I didn't really expect to win anything at all, although I do admit to secretly hoping one of mine would somehow snatch a bronze or something. Oh well, it was nice to see what GD winning models look like in the flesh (plastic?) and what sort of things the judges seem to be looking for.

IMHO I have improved a lot over the last year to maybe the level of 'pretty good' painter but I can see I am still a step (or 2 or 3) below the level of 'really good' painter. Ten and MiJ would be in the latter category in case you were wondering.

As for the event itself, it was actually a little bit 'meh'. There were no other activities etc after between handing in the models and the results (about 5 hours!!!!). Not even a scrap daemon. One of the GW guys did guide us over to the 'Armies on Parade' showcase competition at the Nakano store which was quite interesting but that was about it. If I went again I would probably just dump my models and head to the nearest pub.

Anyways, congrats to Ten and Ichiban (who won a shiteload of awards including the Slayer Sword-umbrella).
Morituri nolumus mori!

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:44 pm

As for photos, just wait until GW post them on their homepage. BTW in between winning everything in sight and saying lotsa naughty words :D , Ichiban did all the photography too.
Morituri nolumus mori!

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”