Golden Daemon Japan 2013

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Golden Daemon Japan 2013

Post by Mike the Pike » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:19 am

Monday, September 23rd at the Jinbo-cho Hobby Centre in Tokyo.

Details (in Japanese here)...

http://www.gamesworkshop.com/gws/conten ... =22000013a

2x PDFs One detailing the schedule and Tickets. The other the painting contest rules. You can contact them by phone, e-mail or via their facebook page...

http://www.facebook.com/GW.Jinbocho?sk=wall

One thing to note, tickets are 1000yen a piece, which allows you to enter ONE model in the paint contest. If you want to enter more than one category you have to buy more tickets. Seems a bit strange. My Nihon-go-fu isn't exactly the best so do correct me if I've gotten it wrong.

As for buying tickets, those who can't make it to one of the Tokyo stores can get them at the door on the day.

So, who's wants to go? I am seriously thinking of going up for the day and entering (not that I expect to win anything) but just 'cos... :D Anyone else?
Morituri nolumus mori!

YellowStreak
Legend

Re: Golden Daemon Japan 2013

Post by YellowStreak » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:29 pm

Unfortunately I'll be OS... :(
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:48 pm

New baby demands I stay home, sadly. Next year...next year...

btw - can someone with a better working knowledge of Japanese than Pikey (no offence) please confirm/deny what he says about needing to pay 1000yen PER MODEL ENTERED in the contest. If he's right then my nerd rage will know no bounds. They can shove their fecking contest up their arse if it's 1000yen per mini.

Just sayin' :)

*edit* my brain has actually managed to provide a translation for 部門 , and the ol' braineroo says "division", as in sub-section. につき is like....."per" ? maybe? I'm less sure of that 'un.

Anyway. I can feel my nerd rage building... :evil:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:27 pm

This year is a no for me too, but I would be tempted to go next year.

If I go will be entering an OOP mini. I will spend a year painting it just so GW has to put a mini they no longer make on their website. And it shall be a squat!! :lol:

Seriously though, It might be a fun Naghammer lads weekend if we can rustle up enough people.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Tenorikuma
Champion

Post by Tenorikuma » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:31 am

I'm still planning to go, Mike.

Due to the unexpected change in categories, I'm busily trying to turn my regiment into a diorama… :P

@Dave Yeah, it's ¥1,000 per category (that's what 部門 means in the context of a contest). I actually don't think that's bad at all — the event is effectively free to attend, and most people entering models will spend less than they would have at the US or European events. Though if it were up to me, I would just have a flat ¥2,500 admission fee like last year.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:56 pm

Figgered as much :(

Tbh it's not that I think the price is excessive - as you say, it's a good deal less than the uk or European ones. It's just...the whole idea of charging more for those who made the greater effort stinks of disrespect and short-sightedness. Are they trying to promote this hobby or just claw as much cash as possible out of people in the short term, and long term goodwill be damned?

Oh, wait a minute, this is GW we're talking about here. :roll:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:43 am

Anyone else thinking of going?

@Ten: I know your pain. I was planning on entering a unit each in the 40K and fantasy unit categories until I saw that they had deleted them. I wonder why? So my Fantasy unit is becoming a diorama.

As for progress...

40K Vehicle: Finished, ready to go.
40K single mini: Done.
Diorama: 70% done.
Fantasy single mini: Half done at best.
Morituri nolumus mori!

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:25 am

Spevna wrote:This year is a no for me too, but I would be tempted to go next year.

If I go will be entering an OOP mini. I will spend a year painting it just so GW has to put a mini they no longer make on their website. And it shall be a squat!! :lol:

Seriously though, It might be a fun Naghammer lads weekend if we can rustle up enough people.
No way I can go. But please, please, please enter a Squat. Oh please.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Tenorikuma
Champion

Post by Tenorikuma » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:08 pm

Mike the Pike wrote: Diorama: 70% done.
So I'm competing against you in the diorama category, huh? How appropriate that mine features a Beastman warrior under duress. :twisted:

(Assuming I get it done in time. But at least the figures are painted now.)

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:03 am

As I recall, the last time our forces met, it was the tree-hugging, pointy-heads that were under duress :lol:

I've finished 3/4 entries and if the kids behave themselves I should get my fourth done too. Fingers crossed.
Morituri nolumus mori!

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”