DIY Battlemat

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Konrad
Wargod

DIY Battlemat

Post by Konrad » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:19 am

http://tobispaintpot.blogspot.de/2012/1 ... xible.html
I was looking at battlemats the other day. So of course being a cheapskate, i started thinking, "Hmmm how to make one myself?" Came across this most interesting blog. Now, to get the family out of the apartment for a weekend..........
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Re: DIY Battlemat

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:52 pm

Thx for the post Konrad. I have been wracking my brain over not being able to find and buy a citadel battlemat recently. I was going to just flock some foam core but canvas sounds perfect. Great timing on this post.
The one, the only.

Putting foot to butt all over the universe.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:32 pm

I was googling around various battlemat companies and I came across one, Mat of War? or something and they said their mats were on canvas. I thought, "Well, duh it's just a painting with a textured surface, nothing fancy there."
I bet the "acrylic paste" he was using is just standard latex caulk.
Wheels are most definitely turning. Experiments will be conducted.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:08 pm

Definitely going to give it a go. Worst comes to worst, chaos wastes battlefield. Keep posting how yours is going and so forth. I'm sure there are loads of people looking for ways to make gaming mats. Zuzzy mats are nice but I don't really like their field one.
The one, the only.

Putting foot to butt all over the universe.

jus

Post by jus » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:11 am

Wow, that looks great! (Yes Mina San, I'm still alive.) I might have to try that out as well. In the mean time, it's not exactly DIY but here is my meager contribution.

Roll your "Rrrr"s for Rrrrealm of battle.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:12 am

@jus the wild rover: well, hello there stranger. Nice boards :D
Actually, they are pretty nice, and I'm sure they play well, which is a consideration oft neglected when designing/building one's own tabletop. Well, oft neglected by me, anyway.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”