DIY decals

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Konrad
Wargod

DIY decals

Post by Konrad » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:43 am

Anyone make any? Pike? I seem to remember you said you printed some for some of your D.E vehicles.
I have a bubble jet printer at home. Some blogs and boards say bubble jets work, just seal the decal before dipping. Others say don't waste your time, only laser prints do the job. I think I'd have a tough time explaining why I'm making tiny, tiny prints of biker jacket logos and tattoos on the school color laser printer. :?
Anyone have any experience to share before I start experimenting?
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Re: DIY decals

Post by AndrewGPaul » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:53 pm

All I know is that whichever printer you use, make sure you get the right decal paper. Putting inkjet aper through a laser printer is going to result in an expensive conversation with the management. :)

Also, remember that any white areas will come out transparent, and that the whole thing is likely to be somewhat translucent.

Wiz
Rookie

Post by Wiz » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:49 pm

Used homemade decals on my Eldar vehicles a year or so back. Wrote up the process on my club's site, in case you're interested...
http://www.kitaqgamers.com/page.php?ID=132

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:51 am

@Wiz- Cheers! Your figs turned out very nice. I spotted some stuff from an outfit called ガイアノーツ that looks like it works the same way. The surface I'll be putting them on is a bit lumpier than an Eldar jetbike, but it's worth a go.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:32 pm

Wiz wrote:Used homemade decals on my Eldar vehicles a year or so back. Wrote up the process on my club's site, in case you're interested...
http://www.kitaqgamers.com/page.php?ID=132
*MiJ pauses, airbrush in hand, about to commence painting his shiny new corsair force. Looks at Wiz's jetbike. Narrows eyes thoughtfully. Slowly puts the airbrush back on the desk....*

hmmmmmmmmn. Runes, you say.....
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”