New Year's Resolutions: Consolidating Resolve

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
job
Destroyer of Worlds

New Year's Resolutions: Consolidating Resolve

Post by job » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:44 pm

Well, the year is in its 2nd half. I believe the cicadas are out, so summer is in full swing. With summer vacation looming soon for some, I think it is time to take stock on any New Year's Resolutions this year.

If you have trouble remembering: :D
http://www.nagoyahammer.com/forum/viewt ... ons#p39409

Are you well on your way? Do you need more resolve? Cut loses and set new goals?
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: New Year's Resolutions: Consolidating Resolve

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:55 pm

job wrote:Well, the year is in its 2nd half. I believe the cicadas are out, so summer is in full swing. With summer vacation looming soon for some, I think it is time to take stock on any New Year's Resolutions this year.

If you have trouble remembering: :D
http://www.nagoyahammer.com/forum/viewt ... ons#p39409

Are you well on your way? Do you need more resolve? Cut loses and set new goals?
I'm doing good, if a skosh behind schedule.
Dave's resolutions wrote:Goal 1: Dropzone Commander
3 Hunter Gravtanks
3 Reaper AA Gravtanks
2 Intruder APCs
6 stands of infantry
3 Marauder dropships
This one's in the bag, and I'm almost done with my "stretch goal" to bring it up to a clean 1000 points.
Dave's resolutions wrote:Goal 2: 6mm Napoleonics
10 bases of line infantry
6 bases of heavy dragoons
3 bases of light dragoons
3 bases of hussars
4 artillery pieces
3 command bases
I'm just about exactly half done with this - 6 of the bases of infantry, half of the heavy dragoons, half the light cavalry, all the artillery. (I also picked up a lot more infantry from Pikey, which makes the goal feel a bit more modest when I look at my "Napoleonics box". OTOH, it'll eventually allow me to field a lot more "realistic" proportion of line infantry to cavalry for the British army.)

My Advanced Space Crusade goal is done, although to be fair that was all of two models.
Dave's resolutions wrote:Bonus Goal: 10mm Battle of 5 Armies
Elven Spearmen: 2 units
Elven Archers: 2 units
Elven Cavalry: 2 units
Dwarves: 2 units
Men with Spears: 2 units
Beorn: 1
Leaders: 3

Goblins: 6 units
Hill Trolls: 2 units
Wolf Riders: 3 units
Wargs: 3 units
Goblin Leaders: 4
This is pretty close too - I only have to do the elven cavalry, a unit of dwarves and a leader for the Good army, and a unit of goblins, a unit of trolls and 3 leaders for Evil.

In the spirit of "pics or it didn't happen," I'll break out the camera some time this weekend. :D
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:09 pm

Well, to recap:
Primarch wrote:For my resolutions:
1. Paint, base and finish 500 minis. I did 450ish last year without really trying too hard, so I figure 500 is possible.
2. Sell off some of my armies - High Elves and Vampires for FB, Khador for WM, Daemons, CSM, some Space Wolves, some IG, some Marines for 40K. Sell/get rid of a lot of the NagoyaHammer terrain.
3. Not really a hobby goal, but continue to study Japanese. I've been managing an hour a day over the past week, I'd like to continue that.

The biggest potential sticking point in all of this is my plan to build a house this year. I can see that eating up a LOT of time.
So, where are we with that.
1. I have so far painted *checks counter in sig* 295 minis this year, thats more than half of my goal. Nice!
2. I traded my Space Wolves for some Samurai, so no net changes there. D'oh. I bought MORE Daemons and CSM. Whoops. I did get rid of a fair whack of NH terrain. Ok, that's good.
3. Did I say that? Er.... I think my textbook is under about 8" of dust. :roll:
And yes, the house thing has taken up a LOT of time. About half of my weekends this year have involved some kind of house related shenanigans.

So, overall, I STILL need to sell stuff off in bucketloads, more so than before. I also need to get back to studying.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:15 pm

1) Paint up the French company in the Early War project with Voss by May.
2) Buy and paint Dropzone Commander in a goal with ToD by May.
3) Paint up the Germans for Nagoya Hammer by May.

Uh, I have a lot on my plate for the first half of the year. Other things:
- Build and paint the CSM models I have.
- Paint and base a few things for Black Powder.
- Try to avoid ordering new stuff this year.
Well, I'm not in bad shape...
1) the French company is just 4 Panards from being finished. The artillery, infantry, tanks and 7 Panhards are finished. The only other thing to take stock of is the objective marker Voss and I are supposed to make.
2) err, I haven't touched this yet, but ToD and I have set September as the tentative rescheduled date to finish. I think I can do it with some grit and grease.
3) The Germans are finished essentially. There's one model I should add some highlights and An extra StuG tank but otherwise they are done.

- I have also painted up a rhino, daemon prince and 6 DV CSM models. The Defiler is being painted currently.
- nothing has been painted in the Black Powder front, but I get the periodic fever to do some Napoleonics.
- Ah, I was doing well in the 'not purchasing' goal. I excuse myself about BA because that was all planned and in order to finish a force for the game, and StuG was just something to round out the force. The box of Victrix, well that was a bit of an impulse and I had finished painting all my French models. I did purchase a few odd bases for my FoW collection, but I have avoided purchasing any tanks or big boxes. I'm purchasing Badruck's French on the obstentious reason it will help him get to Mongolia. But I just blew it all when I discovered Dangiunius still had his Brass Scorpion. Puff, up went that resolution. That and a bunch of money. But I am happy for it because now I have big monster to play with and the Night Lords are all reunited. Also it saved me buying some giant robot from GW for now and it doesn't put me behind in the painting schedule.

My new resolve is to avoid making any purchase, except for the odd Dropzone addition or Perry model. I'll see if I can resist for another 5 1/2 months... :D
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:16 am

Heh, had to check the original thread but it seems I was cunning enough not to make any resolutions in January! :lol:

For the back half of the year the main goals are: finish painting my 1000 points of Aussie's for BA (over 1/2-way done), finish 1000 points of IJA for BA (barely started), and finally finish painting my SoBs (mostly there).
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”