Discussion Time: What is the most tedious part of the hobby?

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Auxryn
Champion

Re: Discussion Time: What is the most tedious part of the hobby?

Post by Auxryn » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:24 am

I think painting is the toughest part of the hobby for me. I can assemble miniatures pretty quickly and feel like I got a lot done. GW kits also tend to allow for a lot of customization, posing, and kitbashing. Particularly for orks. So there is a lot of opportunity for creativity.

Painting is important in making the models look good, but it is just so time-consuming. Modeling a squad takes a day and painting them up takes a week or more. It doesn't feel like I'm making progress.

The other tedious part is packing and unpacking models. If I'm going to play on Sunday I need to allocate time on Saturday to get the miniatures collected and safely packed. Then I need to factor in more time to get them out of the foam and ready and then back in the foam again. No real solution for that though.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Discussion Time: What is the most tedious part of the hobby?

Post by Primarch » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:50 pm

Auxryn wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:24 am
The other tedious part is packing and unpacking models. If I'm going to play on Sunday I need to allocate time on Saturday to get the miniatures collected and safely packed. Then I need to factor in more time to get them out of the foam and ready and then back in the foam again. No real solution for that though.
Yeah, packing and unpacking stuff is a chore we all have to deal with. If you can arrange your armies so that each of them fit perfectly into their own individual case, it does make it easier, but I don't think that I have ever been to a gaming event where I wasn't struggling to find somewhere to pack something.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”