Cases

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Balloonacorn
Veteran

Cases

Post by Balloonacorn » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:05 am

Anyone know where I can get a study yet inexpensive case, GW or otherwise?

I need to carry my 40k, Kill Team, and maybe an Underworlds or Warcry Band so it needs to be a decent size or two smaller cases.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Cases

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:48 am

I really like KR Multicase (https://www.krmulticase.com/), especially their card cases. Cheap, plenty durable, and reasonable shipping, balanced out by a very very terrible website (which is in turn balanced out by good customer service - you can basically e-mail them and say "I want a case for this" and they'll set you up).

A place in Tokyo called Arrows has a similar case (and much cheaper shipping) (https://arrows-llc.com/webstore/product ... id=1030099), but it's really sized for 28mm rather than 32 - even my Unmade, which are regular old human-sized minis, are a tight fit, although you can always futz about with enlargening spaces and such.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:57 pm

Also 100 yen shops. Making figure cases out of things you can find there is like a hobby within our hobby.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:15 pm

That's a good point - I think a lot of people underestimate the durability of standard paint on plastic minis. Heck, I have a whole goblin army I store by chucking everything in unit-separate ziplock bags. I wouldn't recommend it for models with lots of sticky-outy bits that can catch on each other, but really as long as the space you're putting the models in is small enough to keep them moving around too much you don't really need any padding at all.

Another relatively cheap option is to stick washers in the bases and line a cardboard or plastic box with a magnet sheet (you can get them at most office supply stores - for putting movable signs on whiteboard schedules and such). That'll hold down anything up to infantry size pretty solidly, depending on the strength of the magnet you get.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:11 pm

Thank you for the great advice.

I ended up going to a DIY store, buying a cd case and 3 sections of foam.

I hope it works.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”