Any experience with the Anycubic Photon?

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Grantholomeu
Veteran

Any experience with the Anycubic Photon?

Post by Grantholomeu » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:14 pm

I'm debating biting the bullet and getting a 3D printer after finding a few stores that release new files for new sculpts every month on a subscription. Also the Anycubic Photon is on sale $169. Has anyone here used one before and if so, how was it? Would you recommend it?
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Karantu
Champion

Re: Any experience with the Anycubic Photon?

Post by Karantu » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:50 pm

One of my friends has it and according to him its pretty decent for the price. Cleaning and curing prints might be a bit of work so as long as you've done your research and understand what you're getting into, it shouldn't be too bad. From what I've heard it seems like a lot less trouble to maintain and calibrate compared to a FDM printer too. You probably want to have a well ventilated hobby room or something for it though.

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:53 pm

Yeah, I think the plan is actually plug it in in my room, and snake it out onto the balcony lol.
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:12 pm

That's an interesting idea. I don't think I've heard of people putting one outside before. The climate outside might effect the prints but that might work as long as you don't leave it outside all the time. You just need to empty and clean it before you bring it inside i guess? Might be worth looking into a bit more before you pull the trigger though.

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”