Burning Up the Backlog.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Grantholomeu
Veteran

Re: Burning Up the Backlog.

Post by Grantholomeu » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:45 pm

@jus
That elf(?) looks awesome!
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:15 pm

Huge respect to all for their efforts. Honestly, the quantity of minis that people can produce in a month blows my mind. Do you guys not sleep or something? :lol: Which is not to detract from the quality of the PJs - the standards on our little forum have gone up so much. (Except me, I might add. I’ve defo gotten worse, although how much of that is lack of time vs eyes getting old, I dunno).

Anyway, jolly good show, chaps.

Here’s to next month?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:52 am

jus wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:46 pm
How about setting a challenge for Oct? :lol:
Be careful what you wish for....

I know that I have a bunch of minis that I need to get done for upcoming games and I am sure that the rest of the hapless victims in this thread have things that they would like to be working on beyond whatever the whims of a power mad Prim may dictate. So, I'm going to continue this thread and the challenge for the time being, but it will be more open in terms of what you can paint.

For all of our current crop of victims, simply make a post below with a pledge of how many miniatures you intend to paint. Try to enter a number that you think is A) achievable and B) slightly challenging for you. You don't have to run yourself ragged, but at the same time the goal is to get through your backlog.
As Halloween is coming soon, I figure that we can work off that theme this month. One of the minis you paint MUST be some kind of monster, undead or demon/daemon. Something spooky, gribbly, evil and malign please.

I know that there are others of you out there who paint very slowly and must have a mountain of unpainted minis. If you would like to join our weary band of cursed hobbyists, there is always room for more. Simply enter your name and a suitable painting pledge below and you will become a member of our damned little coven of painters.

For my own painting pledge: By midnight on All Hallows Eve, my brush will have graced no less than 30 miniatures and/or pieces of scatter terrain, including a Zombie Dragon.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:14 am

Realistically, I’ll pledge 6 minis. If I really get on a tear I could do more, but I think 6 is doable. Baby numbers, I realise, but it is what it is.

Ganbaru…
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:26 pm

Got the first half of my target prepped.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:30 am

Prim gave me these many moons ago. I will have them done by Halloween! Of course, I could not just leave them alone and had to putty them up a bit. Image
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:02 am

@Konrad - Glad to have you aboard. Those scarecrows look perfect for Hallowe'en

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:09 am

I should've themed the Gauntlet for Halloween too! Oh well, I'm pretty set on it being random so I'll just stick with that.

Anyway here's my spooky scary monster pledge, one helbrute with all the magnetized weapon options, and one Venomcrawler. Not really Halloween classics but hopefully they're monstrous enough for the challenge.

jus

Post by jus » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:24 am

@grant: Cheers mate! She is an elf but lost an arm and a leg fighting goblins. They grew her a new arm and leg with tree limbs so she's part Groot too.

As for what I need to get done this month.

No less than 30 x zombies. 1 x fighter. 1 x mage.

really want to get started on the goblins but I should push it. I'll paint them if I get through the aforementioned.

Tarkin
Rookie

Post by Tarkin » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:17 am

Jus pointed me towards this thread (as well as contributing to my backlog) and I thought I would post something too. My goal this month is to paint up a Death Guard kill team. I figure these guys are pretty spooky.

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”