Burning Up the Backlog.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
jus

Re: Burning Up the Backlog.

Post by jus » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:27 am

@konrad: Happy halloween!

Sol Justicar battlemage! The dynamism in the pose really contributes to the character of the miniature. There's a real sense of righteous indignation here. A holy warrior, driven with divine purpose, stance braced to strike with mace over head.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:19 pm

Aye - that's a reet rightious mini there, Jus. I like his swooshy robes and the golden fire, too.

As for me, I'm kinda doomed. I can't get any painting done this week - the in-laws are coming to stay for a couple nights on Friday, and unfortunately for me they'll be staying in...my hobby room (it's downstairs and they have a small dog which they can't bring upstairs due to it having silly wee short legs and being old, also there's no spare room upstairs anyway, short of punting one of the kids out of their room for a bit. Anyway, I digress...) so I've been spending and will continue to spend all my free time this week tidying the room, making it presentable, and *gasp* clearing my hobby desk. So yeah. Painting is not on the menu in the near future.

Pray for me brethren, pray for me...

by the way - have any of you ever ordered from Volks online? I ordered some paint (which seems to be in stock) on Thursday. I got a confirmation email from them, but since then...silence. No shipping notice and certainly no paint. Is this normal? I'm concerned because I also, separately, pre-ordered some quite pricey Italian paint from them, and if making customers wait indefinitely in silence is their modus operandi then I'd maybe prefer to take my business elsewhere. I'll give em another few days, but was just wondering if anybody had any experience with em?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:25 pm

@M_i_J - Sorry to say that I have never used Volks online, I just trek into Nagoya when I need something from there.

Best of luck with the in-laws!

@Jus - Cracking work on that fellow, he looks like he is about to dish out a real smiting on some poor sod.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

jus

Post by jus » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:49 pm

@mij and prim: Thanks gents! I really put my soul into this one. My submission for the Artisan Guild painting competition.

That's my mage and (gnoll) warrior done. 30 zombies to go. I did say 30 didn't I. hmmm

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:39 pm

The mage and gnoll look awesome! Looking forward to seeing that attention to detail on every one of those 30 zombies 😃

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:49 pm

@Jus - That gnoll is gnice! Good luck in the painting competition.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:42 am

There aren’t enough gnolls on this forum. Or most places, to be honest. Lovely mini, and cracking pj, Jus 👍🏻

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:43 am

as an addendum to my question about Volks, I got an email from them yesterday (unsolicited), explaining that they were super busy and were sorry for the delay. No word on when things might actually get shipped out, but at least they acknowledge theyre running late, I suppose. Still not great. It's not like I ordered a bunch of weird stuff - just vallejo paint, which since they have the whole range in store, seems like a pretty easy thing to find and ship. But it is what it is. I guess I'll wait a wee bit longer? I'm glad I was just restocking my basics and am not in any particular hurry...

jus

Post by jus » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:18 am

@prim: thgnanks!

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:40 am

Dug these out of the box-o-unpainted doom. Look, they have rule-books, not phones and pads. :D Gives you an idea just how long they have been in the box. Having a bit of trouble with my matte coats these days. They change the formulation on old Mr. Hobby つや消し? 
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”