Burning Up the Backlog.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Burning Up the Backlog.

Post by Primarch » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:42 am

@Grantholomeu - Nice work, and you're the first challenger to finish as well. Give yourself a pat on the back!
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:56 pm

Looking good, grant :) And congrats on getting it done.

As for me, I've actually pretty much done the ogre. And I have learned to hate it. By god that model is busy. Just, so much stuff all over it. I refuse to even paint the cow. Screw you, cow - you can be monochrome. Everything else got a quick and dirty paint job, but it's done. All I need to do now is 2-kinda-3 goblins and a mantrap, which should actually be doable in a couple days, as the gobs are mostly just green and the trap is mostly just, well, a trap.

fingers crossed.

I want to paint malifaux stuff!

*edit* bugger! I forgot about the cat! Welp, that's my scheduling ruined :roll:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:28 pm

@Grantholomeu, nice work on the bust. I love the glow/OSL effect. The effect reminds me of Brachydios from Monster Hunter and looks great on that piece.

Anyway, I swear I didn't forget about this challenge, but here's where I'm at today. Not too bad given that they were untouched until 3 hours ago. Hopefully I'll have them painted to a decent level by the deadline. I have roughly 9 hours of paint time to go and I just need to finish the contrast base coats after which I can do some layers with regular paints and details in other colours. I'm hoping the Contrast paint eliminates me having to go back and do washes/recess shading.

ashdevon
Warrior

Post by ashdevon » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:20 am

This is a great idea. I would have joined but September 30th is this week and I've just seen the post.
I'm keen to clear the top drawer of my painting box so I'll aim for that this Winter.
Nearly finished the pile of miniatures from 2013.
Painting mainly historical with some fantasy and Sci-Fi.

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:30 am

ashdevon wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:20 am
This is a great idea. I would have joined but September 30th is this week and I've just seen the post.
I'm keen to clear the top drawer of my painting box so I'll aim for that this Winter.
Make a couple of posts complaining about how many unpainted miniatures you have with Primarch tagged in them and I'm pretty sure he'll be more than happy to drag you into the next one. Deadlines like this help a lot when I don't know how to proceed so this is great. The tendency to procrastinate doesn't magically disappear though.

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:20 pm

Got a bit less time in today but not too bad in terms of progress. Finished all the Contrast work and am 3/20 done with the gray touch ups.
I need to be sure to do all the texture paint on the bases tomorrow so that I can dry brush them the next day. (Reminder to myself)
Hopefully I manage to get more time to paint tomorrow.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:42 pm

Painted the cat this evening. Two nights to go, 3 gobs and a mantrap to finish.

Doable?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

jus

Post by jus » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:43 pm

Fae guardian of the woods. This is my first (more or less) completed 3D printed mini from Artisan Guild. Usually I just copy whatever the official color scheme for a miniture should be like Ultramarines or Black templars, because I'm unoriginal like that, but since there was official paint scheme I had to come up with one myself. The base still needs work and details still need touching up but good enough for the purposes of play testing.

https://www.myminifactory.com/users/Artisan_Guild

As for Cursed city....

Here are at least 5 painted cursed city minis. I wasn't able to do all of them but I'm getting there I think. I'm washing the black spot off my hand.

@karantu: Fire warriors are looking good! I like the purple for uniform!

@mij: I love cats! yes, for sure, doable.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:42 am

Well done Jus. You are free to remove the black spot now.

@M_i_J - You can do it!

@Karantu - Nearly there!

As for myself, I have all the decals done on my minis, but I still need to do the bases and some weathering...
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:21 pm

jus wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:43 pm
@karantu: Fire warriors are looking good! I like the purple for uniform!
Thanks, purple is the secondary colour of my scouting and stealth units thus the purple fatigues. It looks darker in person so the red and purple combo doesn't look as flamboyant as in the picture.

Managed to get in a few more hours today and finish off all the grey. I still have 12 more more minis that need red next followed by some more details like lenses, gyros, and the rails on the rail guns. The bases need washes and dry brushing too.

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”