The Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge - 2021

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Primarch
Evil Overlord

The Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge - 2021

Post by Primarch » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:05 am

It's that time of year again when I see if anyone is interested in representing Team NagoyaHammer with me at the AHPC event.
Every year a group of painters from around the world spend 3 months painting like mad things trying to..., um..., paint lots of minis? There isn't really any reason for it. If your mini gets voted best painted, you may win a small prize, but really the idea of the event is just to inspire people to paint things from their collection. You can pledge any target you like, even a single mini, though most of us can probably paint more than that in 90 days. There are also bonus rounds where points are awarded for painting something that fits a particular theme. There is absolutely no call to get carried away like I do and try to paint several hundred minis in the time available. It's all just a bit of fun with a very supportive community and I have enjoyed every year I've entered so far. You don't even have to be a good painter, there are beginners who join right alongside people who do commission painting. The only standard is that the model is finished* to a level that you are happy with.

Anyway, details are here, I recommend at least browsing the site and seeing what others have done, there are millions of gorgeous minis from every genre. If you are interested in joining, it's best to sign up quickly as places tend to fill up fast. The sign up info is about 1/3 of the way down the linked page, just under the Changes to the Challenge heading.

I'm already signed up and prepping as much as I can. :D

*Bases must be painted too.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”