Deals!

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Grantholomeu
Veteran

Deals!

Post by Grantholomeu » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:16 am

Wasn't sure what page to put this in, but I thought we should have a thread covering shops that have deals and discounts going on.
I know right now Big Child Creatives has a big Black Friday sale going on. 20-30% off most things.
https://bigchildcreatives.com

I'm sure there are others that I am not aware of, and there will continue to be sales that I won't be aware of.
So if you see any significant discounts that other people might be interested in, drop 'em here, preferably with a link.
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Deals!

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:23 pm

If you need a whole bunch of chunky, durable MDF terrain extremely affordably, TTCombat's yearly "white box bundle" sale is on now - the bundles usually last to the end of the year: https://ttcombat.com/collections/black- ... ber-monday

For context, the MDF terrain I usually bring along for 40K (pipes and platforms and such) is from one of these bundles, and there was so much stuff I had to give away a huge centerpiece building because I had no physical place to keep it, and still think I got a really good deal. I'm seriously considering the epic scale bundle this year, to replace / supplement the Dropzone cityscape I have, even though I still have no place to put it all. :lol:
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:51 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:23 pm
If you need a whole bunch of chunky, durable MDF terrain extremely affordably, TTCombat's yearly "white box bundle" sale is on now - the bundles usually last to the end of the year: https://ttcombat.com/collections/black- ... ber-monday
I noticed this and I'm very, very tempted to pick up the city sector pack. I'm really worried about actual physical space, though. With the stuff you have, is it possible to put some of the pieces together without gluing them? Being able to take them a part for storage and transport would be a huge plus.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:20 am

Mattb wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:51 am
The Other Dave wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:23 pm
I noticed this and I'm very, very tempted to pick up the city sector pack. I'm really worried about actual physical space, though. With the stuff you have, is it possible to put some of the pieces together without gluing them? Being able to take them a part for storage and transport would be a huge plus.
A qualified yes! Anything platformy and pipey in particular is made to be modular and can be broken down - I'm not too sure about the city sector stuff, but the "sector 4" box definitely would be. But the fit is very snug (which, having built some MDF stuff with looser tolerances, is 100% a good thing), so actually breaking everything down as far as it will go every game day ended up being a bit of a pain, and I ended up gluing some stuff together in smallish bits.

To balance this, the really nice thing about 3mm MDF is that you really can just chuck it in a box and not worry about breaking anything.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”