Golden Daemon at adepticon

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Golden Daemon at adepticon

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:36 am

Just wondered what folks thought of the latest and greatest from the world of GW painting. I think it's interesting (and kinda cool, actually) how once again the winner is a normal sized dude, painted hella well. No big fancy banners or mega conversion, just a bloody good paint job. The fact he's a dark angel does kinda rankle a bit (hmmn, new edition with dark angel poster boys, how convenient) but it's a cracking paint job and deserved the win.

More here

There are, of course, a ton of great minis, but my standout is Buzzgob. First it was this, by Paul Bonner (obviously 😜)

Then this, by Allan Carrasco

And finally this, by Sergio Calvo

There are more shots of the sculpt and painted mini floating around, but phwoar it's a bloody good rendition of the painting.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Re: Golden Daemon at adepticon

Post by Grantholomeu » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:43 am

Honestly the Slayer Sword winner isn't doing it for me. Of course I'm being knit-picky, but the candle seems weird and just thrown in at the last minute, and the blend on the leg is good but not great. But mainly it's just a guy standing there. I think they could have done more with putting some sort of a scene on. I'd say my favorite part is actually the nmm gold skull on his knee.
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:01 am

Some great looking models there, (obviously). I regularly watch a group of Youtubers called Cult of Paint and they have just released an interview/chat video with Neil Hollis (who is friends with the guys on the show) and Andy Wardle, the guy who got gold for AoS single mini (he is one of the regulars on the show).

It's quite long, but worth a listen if display painting is your thing.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon May 01, 2023 12:12 am

Allan Carrasco is God.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”