WIP November 2010

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

WIP November 2010

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:57 pm

Howdy all.

Just starting a new WIP thread. Technically it's still October, but only just, so I'll call it the November thread and be done with it.

I hope y'all will post up pics of your newly painted WHFantasy armies that you've all been working on for the game tomorrow (well, later today, actually), and any other WIPs you have in mind. I know D Eldar come out this month. Can ya get em painted before this thread closes and we start a December one? Hmmn, hmmn, can ya?

Anyway, here is a starter for the month: Corax. Finished, never to be repeated. Ever.

My only description of how Prim wanted this to look was "Black as the devil's arsehole". (I'd censor, but Im quoting Prim. He can censor himself if he wants to...)

So, anyway. Black it was. Then I added light.

Honestly, Im deeply dissatisfied with this mini for many reasons. But hey ho, its done. We'll find out tomorrow if Prim is happy with or not...

I should also point out that it looks nothing like this in real life. OSL is fine for photos, but it looks odd in RL. On the other hand, problems that show up in these photos are near invisible in real life. Swings n roundabouts, I spose...
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: WIP November 2010

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:32 am

As for the lighting I think you nailed it...
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:57 am

It works just fine on the tabletop too.
I took ol' Raxxy for a spin down in Toyohashi along with Leman Russ (the primarch, not the tank).
Corax and his bodyguard took out two daemon princes, a keeper of secrets, two heralds in chariots, 10 chosen and a load of daemonettes. Russ and his Wolf Guard ate a Daemon Prince, a Shadowsword and a Baneblade. Russ also got shot twice by the warhound and all it did was make him MAD!!! :twisted:
I won the game after Pikey quit at the end of his turn 6, (so I missed my turn 6). I had 3 objectives, he had 1 and was contesting 2 more. Corax was 1 turn away from taking Pikey's objective from him and Russ just had to punch out a dreadnought and it would have been 5-0. The final objective had a resurrected warhound standing on it to contest it in the back corner and I had nothing in range to reach it.
Both Corax and Russ were awesome. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:00 am

Did Mike the Sliver have any thing good happen to him in the game? It seems a bit one sided.
MIJ
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:08 am

Admiral-Badruck wrote:Did Mike the Sliver have any thing good happen to him in the game? It seems a bit one sided.
He killed one of my shadowswords, but the game just didnt go his way. He never seemed to have the units he wanted in the places he needed them. He brought 6 super heavies (inc. a titan which came back to life after being blown up) and I brought 2 and 2 Primarchs. I thought I was done for, but things went my way and I did well with my saves and even better with my armour penetration rolls.

Mike was a great sport about it and I believe we both had a good time.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:12 am

Sounds good how many points was the game?
MIJ
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:00 pm

Admiral-Badruck wrote:Sounds good how many points was the game?
For that I got all of my Blood Angels, most of my Space Wolves, most of my Raven Guard, 2 Primarchs and 2 Shadowswords.

Personally I had a good time trying out Corax and Russ.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:13 pm

Corax and his bodyguard took out two daemon princes, a keeper of secrets, two heralds in chariots, 10 chosen and a load of daemonettes. Russ and his Wolf Guard ate a Daemon Prince, a Shadowsword and a Baneblade. Russ also got shot twice by the warhound and all it did was make him MAD!!! :twisted:
your plot armor is thick indeed, sons of the emperor!
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:18 pm

It would have helped if we had both read the deployment rules a bit more carefully too, eh Prim? ;)

What Prim didn't tell you is that upon seeing the forces arrayed against him he didn't actually deploy a single model! Instead he kept all 11000pts in reserve. Then he bought them on in his turn one with careful planning. Unfortunately, as I mentioned above, both of us had forgotten some of the rules, especially the one about where your reserves come in from (Hint: Not in your opponent's deployment area). :D

That said, it was a fun game and I think I won a moral victory, for a) the look on Prim's face when I took out my titan and b) the fact that he was soooooo terrified he didn't set up even a single model!

P.S.When Prim sends you a PDF of some stuff he wants to try out, whatever you do read it! I made the mistake of only giving the rules the once over and found myself on the receiving end of open-topped Rhinos with a Transport capacity of 18, Drop pods filled with assault cannons, everyone and his dog with artificer armour, feel no pain and/or a relic blade (or a combination of all 3), not to mention the two 2 indestructible Primarchs. :o
Morituri nolumus mori!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:41 pm

Mike the Pike wrote:It would have helped if we had both read the deployment rules a bit more carefully too, eh Prim? ;)

What Prim didn't tell you is that upon seeing the forces arrayed against him he didn't actually deploy a single model! Instead he kept all 11000pts in reserve. Then he bought them on in his turn one with careful planning. Unfortunately, as I mentioned above, both of us had forgotten some of the rules, especially the one about where your reserves come in from (Hint: Not in your opponent's deployment area). :D

That said, it was a fun game and I think I won a moral victory, for a) the look on Prim's face when I took out my titan and b) the fact that he was soooooo terrified he didn't set up even a single model!

P.S.When Prim sends you a PDF of some stuff he wants to try out, whatever you do read it! I made the mistake of only giving the rules the once over and found myself on the receiving end of open-topped Rhinos with a Transport capacity of 18, Drop pods filled with assault cannons, everyone and his dog with artificer armour, feel no pain and/or a relic blade (or a combination of all 3), not to mention the two 2 indestructible Primarchs. :o
But you were a gent and didnt whinge about it once. Thank you.

Though I did manage to Vortex grenade the assault cannon pod off the table myself. :oops: oops

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”