just testing the waters here

Discussion of any trading card games. e.g. Magic, Yu-gi-oh, Gundam War, etc.
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

just testing the waters here

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:43 am

just idly wondering if anybody has any Magic cards they'd be willing to sell/trade (for other cards or minis or whatevs). Just to be clear, I'm not really after random bits and bobs - specifically, I'm looking for stuff from Lorwyn/Shadowmoor/Morningtide/Eventide and Shadows over Innistrad/Eldritch Moon. These are the ones I have most of, and am kinda feeling out the potential for completing the sets. (Alternatively, if anybody has any fabulously rare/valuable cards they want to give away for free, hey, yeah - I'm here for ya :D )

Also, if folks ever fancy a game of Magic at the regular monthly game day, by all means let me know and I'll bring a deck or two :) (and fair warning, my deckbuilding skills suck. Really badly.)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: just testing the waters here

Post by Primarch » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:50 am

Sorry, all my MTG cards were sold off a long time ago. (Plus they were of a significantly older vintage than the ones you're looking for). My Innistrad cards were all on MTG:Duels, and therefore untradeable.

Yellow Submarine and Big Magic in Nagoya have large catalogues of single cards if there is anything you are particularly hunting for, plus regular MTG events.

I am hesitant to try playing in a non-digital, (and therefore expensive) format again as I already have one hobby draining all of my available funds. If you really want to play and don't mind providing both decks, I guess I can tap a few lands for mana again. But I'm not going to buy back into it. (He says knowing there is a good chance he'll have 1000s of cards before the week is out. :lol: )
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: just testing the waters here

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:48 am

I’m more than happy to provide both decks :) That said, my deck building skills are limited for now. I mean, I can build a deck, but I find it hard to gauge its relative strength. Anyway - I’ll cook something up and we can see how it goes :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Card Games - カードゲーム”