NagoyaHammer 2017 - The FULL 40K

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: NagoyaHammer 2017 - The FULL 40K

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:14 pm

I can do 40k in either slot 1 or 2 on Sunday. Slot 3 would be pushing it as I might run out of time and need to leave before the end of the game. Which would suit you, OZMS2Tallgeese? (I need a shorter way to write your name, btw... :roll: )

I'm also fairly keen to play Newcromunda in any remaining time slots after 40k is done. (I'd be up for 40k twice, if anybody else wants to play against me...)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:37 pm

Sorry, something has come up, so not sure I can make the first day after all...

I can definitely come on the Sunday though, and I think Epic would be fun for one of the times, and otherwise maybe a small game of 40K

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:57 am

I'll be there for both days. I'd like to play Bolt Action all day on Day 2. I'm not sure what's going on Day 1 but I'd like to play something?
Morituri nolumus mori!

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:47 am

Mike the Pike wrote:I'll be there for both days. I'd like to play Bolt Action all day on Day 2. I'm not sure what's going on Day 1 but I'd like to play something?
See my earlier post for what's currently going on. It's be good if you could give some indication just to help things along...
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:29 pm

me_in_japan wrote:I can do 40k in either slot 1 or 2 on Sunday. Slot 3 would be pushing it as I might run out of time and need to leave before the end of the game. Which would suit you, OZMS2Tallgeese? (I need a shorter way to write your name, btw... :roll: )

I'm also fairly keen to play Newcromunda in any remaining time slots after 40k is done. (I'd be up for 40k twice, if anybody else wants to play against me...)
MiJ: would you be up for some 40k on Day 2? If 1750+ and some End Times characters are your thing, would you like to keep it thematic? I'll bring Night Lords using the new Chaos legion rules.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:06 pm

@Job - aye - I'd be up for that. Is 1750pts fine for you? In the interests of avoiding nasty surprises, I think it's probably best if we kinda sorta discuss what kind of lists we plan on bringing (without going into specifics too much, of course.)

For example, I plan on bringing Ynnari Eldar (which, if you weren't already aware, is a combo of most things from the Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequin books, but no Haemunculi stuff). I shall not be bringing a Wraithknight (mostly cos I dont have one, and also I disaprove of them) but I will almost certainly be bringing a formation or detachment (but not a cheesemongery one.) and probably a flyer (maybe more than one, depends on time/painting/desire to bring more than one flyer...) I will not be bringing a super heavy.

Rules quirks to note include:
Ynnari Eldar all have dual faction: Their own codex PLUS Ynnari. This means that you can't put a craftworld Eldar into a Dark Eldar transport at the start of the game, as to do so requires both factions to be matching. The only exceptions to this are Yvraine, the Yncarne and the Visarch, who are all mono-Ynnari faction (and can hop into any transport they want.)

Eldar/DE/H in Ynnari lists lose their faction special rules, but gain the Ynnari one: If a unit is killed within 7", an Ynnari unit can make an extra move/shoot/charge action (even in the opponent's turn.)

Ynnari psykers have their own list of powers. This is available to any psyker in the Ynnari army (warlocks, farseers, shadow seers, etc.)

Dat's about it :)

ps - which book are the new legion rules in?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:55 pm

me_in_japan wrote:@Job - aye - I'd be up for that. Is 1750pts fine for you? In the interests of avoiding nasty surprises, I think it's probably best if we kinda sorta discuss what kind of lists we plan on bringing (without going into specifics too much, of course.)

For example, I plan on bringing Ynnari Eldar (which, if you weren't already aware, is a combo of most things from the Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequin books, but no Haemunculi stuff). I shall not be bringing a Wraithknight (mostly cos I dont have one, and also I disaprove of them) but I will almost certainly be bringing a formation or detachment (but not a cheesemongery one.) and probably a flyer (maybe more than one, depends on time/painting/desire to bring more than one flyer...) I will not be bringing a super heavy.

Rules quirks to note include:
Ynnari Eldar all have dual faction: Their own codex PLUS Ynnari. This means that you can't put a craftworld Eldar into a Dark Eldar transport at the start of the game, as to do so requires both factions to be matching. The only exceptions to this are Yvraine, the Yncarne and the Visarch, who are all mono-Ynnari faction (and can hop into any transport they want.)

Eldar/DE/H in Ynnari lists lose their faction special rules, but gain the Ynnari one: If a unit is killed within 7", an Ynnari unit can make an extra move/shoot/charge action (even in the opponent's turn.)

Ynnari psykers have their own list of powers. This is available to any psyker in the Ynnari army (warlocks, farseers, shadow seers, etc.)

Dat's about it :)

ps - which book are the new legion rules in?
Just what I am thinking too! I think this has to be the way we play 40k in these last days of its epoch. Basically I think we need to keep in mind: is it fun, will it not over-power my opponent/be competitive (aka not crush him/her) to create a challenging game for me and my opponent, and be thematic-memorable.

Thank you for telling me about Ynarrii. I have no idea about what they do. I haven't decided what to bring for my Nigh lords, but expect it to be a series of formations. Basically, the new Legion rules are just a series of formations that fit in a detachment. There are some Legionn specific rules, and I may play some of my models as Black Legion if I can keep the theme through the each detachment. I am not eager to go out and buy things for my army, so I'll make do with what I own. Expect a flyer or two, maybe the Blood Slaughterer or Sicaran. Definitely a dread-y or a bunch because they are so freakin cute. (Like a Furbee with a head growing out its side painted in black covered in blasphamy in the shape of a box and covered in death dealing spikes and weapons. In short, I can't imagine why everyone doesn't have one.)

Anyway, let me update you a bit more later. Cheers.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:51 pm

Well, we are now just a month away. Is anyone else coming? It's looking kind of sparse, especially on Day 1. :?

For those of you on social media, now is the time to start pestering your friends and followers.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

jus

Post by jus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:09 pm

Lemme get back to you all about day 1. Day 2 I'll be there with 40k and would definitely be interested in trying shadow war armegedon!

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:35 am

As I wrote earlier in the thread, I am keen to try out In the Emperors Name on Day 1 - but if possible play a little 40k as well depending on the number of players of course. Day 2 will be Bolt Action for me.

Return to “Past Events”