Jan 7th+8th - Winter Blitz 2: The Blitzening!

ashmie
Wargod

Re: Jan 7th+8th - Winter Blitz 2: The Blitzening!

Post by ashmie » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Thanks again to everyone for a great weekend. Joe for an epic game of Flames of War, Stu and Rob for Black Powder, Eric for Mordheim and finally Eric, Jus and MIJ for Super Dungeon Explorer. That might be the greatest game ever, a nice surprise. Thanks to Jus for coming with me to McDonalds twice in one weekend. Thanks to Prim for putting everything together, it was really worth the effort. See you all in March for the rpg festival or if not before at Joshin.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:25 am

Big thanks to Prim for organizing this event again.

@ Ash: I hope you enjoyed the FOW game. I thought it was exciting to the end. I think your Red Devils could have easily won the game, just if it weren't for your bad luck in getting your reserves a little bit late (while I got all my platoons by turn 5). Well, the supply dump may be in German hands, but the Devils did make a lot chaos in the battle for the French town.

@TOD: Thanks for being an awesome facilitator of Epic again. :D I'm definitely buying into this game. Epic is the only model purchases I'm permitting for a long while.

@ Kojibear: Yeah, thanks twice for being my opponent. I'm sorry we didn't split the games, but I think in Cutlass we were both winners, carrying away plenty of gold and experience. After all, the gold I walked off with came at the cost of Quiet Marcus' life and Gibbs now bears a giant set of stiches down his chest where your Captain logged a piece of lead from her pistol in his chest. Fortunately, this afforded Art the Cudgel to practice his newly acquired skills as a surgeon (he's a 'medic', you know). Gibbs maybe thankful his life has been saved, but I think the sutures are a tad loose. :?

Anyway, Good games! :D Good games to all! :D
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:29 am

Moyashimaru wrote:Thanks to underdweller, ennui, dungeon lord and jus for taking part in my game. I hope you had as much fun as playing I did.
Thanks for putting it together. I had a great time. It was really fun and interesting world to try and get my head around. Don't know if we saved Cindy's mum or if I even got home, but at least we went out with a bang.

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:38 am

My name is ennui and I'm here to say that I had a great time in a serious way!

Well, it was my first time playing a rapper of any sort, and my first time it happened to be a cross-dressing rapper that can change reality with rhymes. I wish there was more time to take our time enjoying the game, because the world seemed really cool and I was having a good time. Thanks, Moyashimaru, for running the game.

Thanks to Tanya for another exciting game of Blood Bowl, where I won at a great cost to my players.

I'm glad everyone had fun with Super Dungeon Explore. I'll bring it to the next gaming session so we can give it a go. Hopefully someone else will step up to be the Consul..? :twisted:

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:24 am

Thanks Moyashimaru for running Dont Rest Your Head for us, it's always fun to try out new RPGs, and this one was really different; I think it would take a while longer for me to really wrap my head around it; anyway I had a good time, and I think we finally did rescue my Mom!

Also thanks Ennui for the Bloodbowl game. I found out that you are right Badruck, Nuffel hates "go for it"! Anyway for my Undead team it doesn't really matter whether they win or lose, as long as they get to smash stuff it is a good game!

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:31 am

More thanks for Prim for another excellent event - sorry I couldn't stay 'till late!

Had an excellent, close-fought game of Epic with Badruck; his Orks gave my Tyranids a right solid whupping, but in the end the Dominatrix sacrificed herself to allow an encircling move by unengaged swarms, giving the 'Nids a tactical victory in turn 3 - I believe the 'Ruckster was winning by victory points, and certainly would have if we'd gone to turn 4. As usual, Badruck showed that he's got a good head on his shoulders when the models hit the table, and he had solid control over the flow of the battle right from the beginning - leaving objectives exposed on turn 3 is usually a mistake that only gets made once, and I don't imagine he'll give me the chance again in future games.

Kojibear and job had a fun-looking game as well - at least I hope they both had fun! - and I was glad to GM it. Marines in Epic are mostly super-human in their response to blast markers, which it's hard to appreciate from a single game. They really are a kind of finessy force as well, what with their tiny tiny formation sizes.

Looking forward to some FB with my new acquisitions, and to try a game or two of 40K with my Therian / Necron proxy army. See y'all at the end of the month!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:16 am

Thanks to everyone for coming along.
I had a good time playing Malifaux, Black Powder and Warmachine.

The next big event will be NagoyaHammer, but I am thinking of doing a Historical themed event sometime at the end of June/start of July if there is any interest.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:56 pm

Thanks to Prim for once again, organizing and doing all the hard work. Thanks to Count VonPryor and his Undead to allow me to witness an Ogre make at least 3 6+ armor saves in one game. Also for only killing 3 of the 4 models you took out of action.....augh! Luckily ashmie's undead were not quite as arrow proof and I got the upper hand in my second game. Get some Dregs Ash! Super Dugeon Explore may be one of the coolest games ever, if I can just figure out how to actually play it.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:04 am

[quote][The next big event will be NagoyaHammer, but I am thinking of doing a Historical themed event sometime at the end of June/start of July if there is any interest./quote]

Absoloutley. :)
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:04 am

Primarch wrote:Thanks to everyone for coming along.
I had a good time playing Malifaux, Black Powder and Warmachine.

The next big event will be NagoyaHammer, but I am thinking of doing a Historical themed event sometime at the end of June/start of July if there is any interest.
Black powder is the game of champions. Heaps of fun.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Return to “Past Events”