History Hammer - 11th and 12th of August

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: History Hammer - 11th and 12th of August

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:00 am

Zat is ze attitude mon ami
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:47 am

@konrad, yeah that's the spirit. Perhaps I'm over thinking the whole thing. Anyway it wasn't my beef anyway.
If I joined both days what will you play on the Saturday? it would be 'ungentlemanly' for me to pull out at this stage it must be said. :shock: :)
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:57 am

@Ashmie: Huh? Don't pike out old bean. Piking is my 'thing' anyway :lol:

Come on down (up?) on Sunday and there's bound to be some FOW or BP going on. There better bloody be as I lugged 3 armies up with me today :D

Besides, I have a wee FOW related pressie for ya ;)

P.S. as for over thinking, just do what your fellow Ork players do, and don't think at all :D :D :D
Morituri nolumus mori!

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:06 am

OK I'll try to be there Mike cheers. I've got high blood pressure recently so I'm going to the DRs to see how that is tomorrow. All being under control I'll be there. Just because people weren't up for my game doesn't mean I can't just play regular Black Powder. It will be a good one I'm sure. :)
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:35 pm

Remember there are people who are willing to give your idea a shot. ;)

But we would sorely miss you for BP and FOW if you miss Sunday. Anyway, as much as we love wife, kids and domesticity, those things can't be good for blood pressure. ;) ;) Look at Mike's head. :D sorry Mikey, I'm writing this drunk in Shibuya. You've got the green light to make fun of my skinny arms.

Anyway, let's have fun with BP and such. We can try anything that you want to try at the place.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:46 am

Thanks to MtP for the good game of FOW. Sorry, your French couldn't quiet overcome the thin grey/white/brown line of German grenadiers, but I really gave them a beating, too. The two filled out infantry platoons were beaten up pretty bad, so I think the French can have another go at the gates of Paris sometime.

And thanks to Prim for organizing this event again.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:44 am

Thanks to Prim for organizing and to the Pike for hauling Prim and his full carload of terrain to the room. Black Powder was fun (and easy) Dust was fun (and easy), Shadows over Camelot was fun (and easy). I've been playing 40K for so long I've forgotten that there are games without a thousand pages of rules that are fun too.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:54 am

Agreed, the whole day was full of easy and fun games, including Cutlass, even if I did lose Mad Dog, and may be fighting his ressurected corpse sometime soon :? . But, I was able to avenge his death!

Return to “Past Events”