Orc-tober Fest 2 - 13th and 14th

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Orc-tober Fest 2 - 13th and 14th

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:08 pm

Nice.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:10 pm

The gods are against me today as I am on my way to work instead of orctoberfest. Really sorry for the last minute cancellation, but it's beyond my control. Hopefully I may drop in later in the day (depending on the work situation) and fingers crossed I can still make tomorrow.
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Tenorikuma
Champion

Post by Tenorikuma » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:57 pm

Major bummer, Yellow!

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Happy, Awesome Orctoberfest to everyone!

Big thanks to Prim for organizing the event.

Thanks to Tenorikuma for the awesome game. You nearly had it, and I think if the game had lasted one more turn it would begin to go in your favor. Favorite point was when the miner champion chased the dryad sorceror with a jackhammer.

Thanks to Rob and Jus. Good game, highlighted by the "zombie shuffle" and the "Fantasy Thriller" dances. Interesting tactics and a different sort of game. A "skirmish" game. Still fun and actually rather closely contested.

Thanks to Mike. You truly are the champion this year! I thought it was an impressive use of terrain along with a really solid list. I do get some satisfaction from several victories over your smaller units, but your monsters dominated the show. Congrats!
Last edited by job on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:51 am

Thanks to everyone for the awesome turnout! Congratulations to Pikey for picking up the title of WFB Champ.

Thanks to my opponents Asch, Pikey, Soga and Ten for some awesome games.

I have to admit that I am starting to get interested in WFB again after this weekend...
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Tenorikuma
Champion

Post by Tenorikuma » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:20 am

@Job Regardless of how the next turn might have gone, your doughty dwarves earned a well-deserved victory en route to the championship game. Thanks for the match!

Thanks also to Koji, Team Ikeda (sorry for forgetting Ikeda's partner's name!), and Primarch for some challenging contests. Today's battle with the Skaven was the craziest game I've played yet.

Also had a good time trying out Mordheim again with Yellow and Dungeon.

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:33 am

Thanks to everyone who came and got involved! :) A special thanks to Primarch for organising everything :D

Congratulations to Mike! Regardless of being stomped and burnt into the ground, I loved seeing your dragon in action!!

To my game opponents on Day 1, Mike, Tenorikuma and Asch, thanks for the good games! :D

Thanks to Mike and Soga San for the Day 2 games. Well done to Mike's Shades who finally managed to get the one up on a Casket of Souls. :D

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:57 am

Thanks Prim for organizing this.

Thanks to Koji, Prim and Job for 3 good, hard-fought, close-run games in the tournament.

Thanks to Ikeda-san for the prize too, a nice wee bonus. :D

It's nice to see WFB going strong and growing (slightly). It really is the best game IMHO. There were some cool armies out there, that I look forward to stomping in the future (especially Yellow's Kislev/Estalia/Tilean mob).

Finally, a promise, if we run this again next year I won't bring Dark Elves (maybe). :twisted:
Morituri nolumus mori!

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:36 am

Thanks Prim for organizing the event. Sorry I couldn't make all of it, but thanks to Jus and Admiral for the WFB on Sat and to Konrad and Tenorikuma for the Mordhiem madness.

The mini game of Brewhouse Bash* was also a blast!

*http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cus ... e_Bash.pdf
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

asch
Veteran

Post by asch » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:37 am

Thanks to Prim for organizing the event and giving myEmpire soldiers Skaven nightmare ! Thanks to Nick for giving me a lesson that we'd better not to make light of TK in 8th Ed.!
I'm glad that new players from Town Cier joined the event. I also enjoyed the opportunity to chat with those who can't make it on Sundays like Rob.

I'm afraid that I couldn't make it on Sunday.
@MTP If you like another FB battle with the Empire on next Joshin event, I' ll bring my army from the morning.

Return to “Past Events”