Orc-tober Fest 2 - 13th and 14th

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Re: Orc-tober Fest 2 - 13th and 14th

Post by Dungeon Lord » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:32 am

Noooo! We are your family!! :lol: :lol:

Seriously. That is a shame mate. Next time, then.

I can work out a scenario, but I don't have much terrain. So I hope everyone can bring something.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:27 pm

Dungeon Lord wrote:Noooo! We are your family!! :lol: :lol:

Seriously. That is a shame mate. Next time, then.

I can work out a scenario, but I don't have much terrain. So I hope everyone can bring something.
I think I can make it to Joshin on the 30th. I'll drop my box o' Mord terrain with someone there who is going to Orctoberfest.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:45 am

So just to clear things up with the Mordheim event:

Konrad will pass on his terrain to ??? (Thanks mate. That will be a big help. Plus it is damn cool stuff too :D )
Yellowstreak will bring some stuff out of the box and I will bring a few bits and pieces.

The participants are:
  • D Lord - Undead; Rating 295
    Yellowstreak - humans
    The Admiral - Orcs and Goblins
    Ashmie - ???
    Prime (maybe) - Skaven (new)
    Tenorikuma - Averlanders or Stirland
    Kojibear [maybe] - Elves (new)
Is that everyone? If I have left anyone out, please raise a hand, claw or bone. Multiplayer games can take forever, so we should try to get the ball rolling between 9:30 and 9:45.

If Mordheim isn't your first choice, let me know so that I can adjust the scenario. I plan to make it something different, so I hope it works. But it should provide lots of experience points and things to kill!
Last edited by Dungeon Lord on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:31 pm

Looks like I will be able to make it on the Sunday after all.

I will have my Fantasy Army with me.
I can also bring my D&D board game.

@Dungeon Lord - I have my small band of mountain elves, 5 strong, if that is enough for Mordheim?

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:23 pm

Dungeon Lord wrote:So just to clear things up with the Mordheim event:

Konrad will pass on his terrain to ??? (Thanks mate. That will be a big help. Plus it is damn cool stuff too :D )
Yellowstreak will bring some stuff out of the box and I will bring a few bits and pieces.

The participants are:
  • D Lord - Undead
    Yellowstreak - ???
    The Admiral - Orcs and Goblins
    Ashmie - Undead
    Prime - Maybe
    Tenorikuma - ???
Is that everyone? If I have left anyone out, please raise a hand, claw or bone. Multiplayer games can take forever, so we should try to get the ball rolling between 9:30 and 9:45.

If Mordheim isn't your first choice, let me know so that I can adjust the scenario. I plan to make it something different, so I hope it works. But it should provide lots of experience points and things to kill!
Humans for me. I'll be using some WFB figs.
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:49 pm

YellowStreak wrote: Humans for me. I'll be using some WFB figs.
Your FB army has a Dogs of War theme doesn't it? A perfect fit for Mordheim. It's the perfect place for a rag tag, desperate band of grizzled mercenaries and cutthroats to prowl for riches.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:33 am

@ Kojibear - Thanks for the PMs.

@ Yellowstreak - Coolio. Please make sure you have the roster already prepared on the day as there won't be much time in the morning.

@ All - Can I assume that most gangs are fairly new? Mine is advanced, but I will choice a scenario that will put us at a level playing field. I am just wondering 'cause that will have an effect on which scenario I choose. Should be fun either way though.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:42 am

Dungeon Lord wrote:@ Kojibear - Thanks for the PMs.

@ Yellowstreak - Coolio. Please make sure you have the roster already prepared on the day as there won't be much time in the morning.

@ All - Can I assume that most gangs are fairly new? Mine is advanced, but I will choice a scenario that will put us at a level playing field. I am just wondering 'cause that will have an effect on which scenario I choose. Should be fun either way though.
Having seen your gang, a level playing field would be everyone vs you, and even then we'd need to be rolling well. :D
The last time I played a big multiplayer game of Mordheim, every turn took two hours or so, maybe it would be better if we broke it down into a couple of smaller games?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:52 am

@ Prime - :oops: :oops: I could probably taken on two or three warbands :lol: :lol:

Actually, I was getting worried about that too. Especially if some haven't played before. I am rusty myself. So it will definitely take a while.
How about 2 games? One in the morning and one in the afternoon? Unless there will be enough terrain and tables for 2 simultaneous games.

What does everyone think? Let's post warband ratings and make groups that way.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:10 am

I have a few options for warbands. One is my undead, they have a rating of around 100 or more. I need to check, they have hung in there for 3 years but get their ass kicked quite a bit. Or I can bring witch hunters, skaven or Reiklanders.
I should be able to make it but there is a chance I have to go home suddenly to the UK as my Mum is sick. Hopefully not that weekend though.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Return to “Past Events”