Announcing NagoyaHammer 2016

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Announcing NagoyaHammer 2016

Post by Primarch » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:52 am

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Crazed Entities from beyond the boundaries of Space and Time!
It gives me great pleasure to announce that Nagoyahammer 2016 is booked, prepped and ready for action.

On May 7th (Saturday) and May 8th (Sunday), battle will be joined at the NTK Hall in Kanayama. This is the weekend at the end of Golden Week (which falls on Tuesday-Thursday next year). So mark it in your diary, burn it into your brain and get any holiday requests in with your employers

Unlike previous years, I already have NH16 planned out (it is my 7th year of running it after all).
Saturday will be one day of Warhammer 40,000 as players fight through a series of gruelling missions to see who is the undisputed champion of Grimdark warfare in Nagoya. Missions and Army Selection info will be forthcoming very shortly.

Saturday evening will of course feature a trip to one of Nagoya's fine Izakayas for some refreshing beverages amd dinner. I can't guarantee we will be able to avoid paying the full bill this year.

Sunday will see a more focused approach than last year. Tables will be set aside for Bolt Action and WarmaHordes. As these seem to be the two most popular games after 40K and have largely independent player bases, it seems like a good way to let people get the most out of their day. Last year was kind of wishy-washy in the way I set it up and it looked like a lot of folks didn't really get a lot of gaming out of it. Of course, if you want to, you are free to use one of the spare tables for another game, provided you arrange it in advance.

There will be threads put up on the Nagoyahammer Events section for organising games, double checking rules and of course, trash talking your opponents.

Feel free to register your excitement below.

Regards,
P.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: Announcing NagoyaHammer 2016

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:51 am

Excitement! :o
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:45 pm

For the greater good, Waaargh, Knowledge is power guard it well.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:46 pm

I'm very likely to be there. Great impetus to try to actually paint something.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

Return to “Past Events”