Overlord: The Mission

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Overlord: The Mission

Post by Primarch » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:38 pm

Yes, the Landing Craft, will begin on the beach. Think of them as a marker for units to enter the table rather than as a transport vehicle. They can't be blown up, pinned or damaged. (I only have 1 of each, whereas the Allies had hundreds on D-day). The Amphibious Assault rules would be fine if we were only attacking the beaches.

We will be using the 1st edition, with the extra rules for vehicles from the Tank Wars books. So Heavy Weapons which can't damage a vehicle may not always cause pins. Most guns can cause pins, but a few such as HMGs and Anti-Tank Rifles have a low Pen value. 2nd Edition is coming next month, but I don't think everyone will have enough time to really get used to the rules.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Overlord: The Mission

Post by Primarch » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:00 am

To keep things simple on the day, only special forces (Paras, Commandos, Rangers and Fallschirmjager) will be counted as Veterans. (Yes, I know Panzer Lehr and several allied Divisions were crack units, but I want to avoid a situation where every unit is a Veteran). Osttruppen will be Inexperienced and Shirkers. SS units will be Inexperienced with the Angriff rule (See Battleground Europe). SS Officers will be Veterans with Fanatic instead. Units which can purchase extra rules, (Tough Fighters, Fanatic etc.) or AT grenades will be assumed to have them.

Unit Quality
British Paras - Veteran
British Commandos - Veteran
British Army - Regular
ALL British Armour/Vehicles - Regular
US Paras - Veteran
US Rangers - Veteran
US Army - Regular
ALL US Armour/Vehicles - Regular

German Fallschirmjager - Veteran
21st Panzer Division - Regular
716th/352nd Infantry Division - Regular
Panzer Lehr Division - Regular
Osttruppen - Inexperienced, Shirkers
12th SS Panzer Division - Inexperienced, Angriff
12th SS Panzer Division Officers - Veteran, Fanatic
Panzer Lehr Armour/Vehicles - Veteran
ALL OTHER German Armour/Vehicles - Regular
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Past Events”