Overlord - Last Minute Update!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Overlord - Last Minute Update!

Post by Primarch » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:01 am

With less than 20 hours to go until D-Day H-Hour, I'd just like to offer a quick update to Overlord attendees.

Check you have everything YOU need (dice, tape measure, books, minis) as well as everything you said you would provide (terrain, order dice, minis for other players). We will need 5 Order Dice Bags, so please bring one with you if you have one.

I'd like everyone to pitch in with carrying stuff upstairs and setting up the room. If you could all arrive just before 9, that would be great. The sooner we are set up, the sooner we can play. Drop your bags off at the waiting area at the top of the stairs and, if Nick and myself haven't arrived, head back down to the front stairs to help bring terrain up. The Overlord boards are big and fairly heavy. I'd rather not have them dropped because one person had to carry them all at the same time.

The table should be made up of 10 desks, in a cross shape.
2 desks go at the top in a 6' by 4' pair. 4 more desks go in the middle in a 12' by 4' group. The last 4 desks go straight down the center in a 6' by 8' block.

. ==
. ==
.====
.====
. ==
. ==
. ==
. ==

First we set up the tables and terrain, then start unpacking armies.

Count how many order dice you have brought before and after the game. Everyone should take home the same number they came with.

We will be using small red dice for Pin Markers. Do NOT roll them. I will have a bunch with me as well as some spare dice in other sizes/colours if people need them.

Big games like this work best when everyone comes with the same mindset. Play for fun, resolve rules questions quickly and don't spend time going through the rulebook looking stuff up if you could just ask. With 200+ units on the table, plan out your dice allocation in advance to keep things rolling along smoothly.

Everyone has received a set of secret orders, some of which contain special rules. Be prepared for the unexpected. There are a couple of extra surprises lined up for all concerned so please try to take them all in your stride.

Best of luck to all involved. I'm looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Past Events”