NH 17 - Painting Contest

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

NH 17 - Painting Contest

Post by Mike the Pike » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:39 am

In consultation with the almighty Prim, I am pleased to announce the...

2017 NagoyaHammer Painting Competition.

Since the last one we had went so well :twisted: I thought we should have another. Hopefully this will give you all enough time to paint up something amazing.

The categories...

Best Single Miniature
A single figure on a base (obviously). May be mounted on a bike, horse or similar. Size, up to say Terminator size.

Best Large Model/Vehicle
Again, I hope this is obvious. This is for all your tanks, large walkers, Monstrous creatures and Characters riding Monsters.

Best Diorama
No real limits on this, but an upper size limit of 30cm x 30cm seems appropriate.

Best Unit
Must be codex /army book legal unit. Between 3-20 miniatures. (I thought this better than Best army as it would take too long to set-up etc)

Best Golden Oldie
Must be a metal Gaming mini from pre-2000. Size etc regulations are the same as the single miniature category.

Best Conversion
This should be self explanatory. There are no particular size regulations etc. Just be aware that a simple head swap on an infantry figure is going to be up against theat mad genius Konrad!

Time
You can start registering and laying out your entries on Day 2 at lunchtime. Voting will start 5 minutes before the lunch break ends and continue through session 2. The results will be calculated and announced after a last quick check, during the break between Session 2 and 3.

The vote
A secret vote. Voters will include everyone in the hall at the time of voting who wants to. Voters will mark a simple form with their favorite from each category. I WON'T be doing the count this time around. ;)

The Rules/Guidelines
The competition is open to all manufacturers/game systems.

I hope it goes without saying that all entries should be entirely your own work.

You are NOT allowed to vote for yourself.

All entrants (even MiJ) are eligible to 'win' as many categories as they enter.

I hope everyone remembers that this is a small local competition, mainly for bragging rights. There will be no monetary prizes, just a certificate or similar.

Anyways, I will now sticky this thread and start a new one for all your vitriol, rants, raves, advice and suggestions.
Morituri nolumus mori!

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Re: NH 17 - Painting Contest

Post by Mike the Pike » Mon May 08, 2017 11:14 am

Updated and cast in stone. Let the best Pikey win! :twisted:
Morituri nolumus mori!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon May 08, 2017 11:23 am

Mike the Pike wrote:Updated and cast in stone. Let the best Pikey win! :twisted:
That all seems fair and above board. :lol:
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Tue May 09, 2017 6:52 am

@certain folks : It does sort of say DAY 2 in there somewhere but just to be absolutely clear, it will be on Day 2 which is Sunday. ;)
Morituri nolumus mori!

Return to “Past Events”