Normandy '44 - Bolt Action - September 2nd

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Normandy '44 - Bolt Action - September 2nd

Post by Primarch » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:07 pm

On September 2nd battle will be joined once again at the NTK Hall in Kanayama. Players are invited to bring along a Bolt Action army suitable for the Normandy campaign in the summer of 1944. We should have space for roughly 6 German Players and 6 Allied Players, though we can be fairly flexible with that.

This event will be a little different from Overlord in that the action will focus around Carentan and the Cotentin Peninsular, The Cobra Breakout and the British operations around Caen, Charnwood and Blue
Coat.

As well as their own forces, teams will have access to assets to help them achieve their objectives. These could be bombardments, armoured reserves or additional units. There will also be a few special rules, bonus objectives and scenario specific events happening.

It doesn't matter if you are a veteran or just BA-curious, we will do our best to provide a fun and exciting game for anyone who wants to join in. No experience is necessary (but we can also do some demos of the system if people want to try the game beforehand). No models are necessary, they can be provided if need be.
The doors will open and set up will begin at 9am, play will continue until victory is achieved or around 7pm, with breaks for lunch and a breather at appropriate times.

Entry will be 500 yen per person.

I WANT TO PLAY BUT I DONT HAVE AN ARMY/DONT HAVE A FORCE FOR NORMANDY.
If you want to join in, simply post below. Ideally I would like to get a minimum of 3 Allied players and 3 Axis players, more if possible. All that you require is dice and a tape measure. I have armies I can loan out, see the end of this post.

I WANT TO PLAY AND I HAVE A SUITABLE ARMY
Great. There is obviously a lot of preparation needed for the event, so if people can bring some minis along that will really help out. However, as I need to plan for what exactly will be on the table, I would like people to commit to being there (barring emergencies of course). If you can't be sure of attending, I won't work your forces into the overall army lists. If you feel confident about attending, send me a PM with a list of what you have available. Due to the nature of the game, I cannot guarantee that you will be in control of your own models at every stage of the game, but I will do my best to assign roles so that your contingent contains as many of your own minis as possible.

I WANT TO HELP OUT
Again, I'm looking for a certain level of commitment on this, don't volunteer if you aren't going to follow through. However, if you are looking at getting a new army for the North West European theatre, or planning to pick up some terrain, this could be a good reason to get stuff bought, built and painted.

We are looking for:
British, Canadian and American infantry and armoured units.
American Airborne
British/Allied Commandos
German Heer, Fallschirmjaeger and SS infantry and armoured units.

We also need suitable terrain for Northern France, buildings and bocage specifically.

The aim is to keep things period and theatre specific, so no early war Russians or Afrika Korps infantry please. If in doubt, please ask before buying stuff.

And that's about it for now. I'll be adding more to this thread as time goes on. I still have a lot to plan for, but I will do my best to answer questions.

-----------------------------------

For players who would like to play, but don't have an army, the following can be provided.
British Army
US Army
German Army
German SS
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

kojibear
Legend

Re: NagoyaHammer Event - September 2nd

Post by kojibear » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:43 pm

If anyone would know your secret it would be this guy! :D ;)

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:03 pm

kojibear wrote:If anyone would know your secret it would be this guy! :D ;)

He might, but then he'd screw things up with typical kid's-cartoon-villain ineptitude, so I would try again if I were you.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:52 am

Wow, 25 views and the best (and only) guess was Cobra Commander, presumably because he dresses in blue.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:29 am

Hey my only other guess is you are about to debut your fashion line, but I suppose you aren't quiet ready to reveal that one, yet, no?
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:44 am

Why do we always play Normandy? Only one of my Armies was there!
Morituri nolumus mori!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:09 am

Mike the Pike wrote:Why do we always play Normandy? Only one of my Armies was there!
Because 4 of my armies were there. :D
I guess I could use my Americans for the end of the Africa campaign and both them and my Heer for the Invasion of Italy...
I'm interested in collecting Afrika Korps or British 8th Army for the early desert, (why not both?) but I already have Burma Campaign Japanese, Market Garden US Airborne and Dnieper Campaign/Winter Germans to do. :lol:

I guess Italy might be the best choice in terms of which forces were available. Let me think on it?

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:50 am

No need to change the theatre of operations on my behalf :D
But the desert needs to be done at some stage.
Morituri nolumus mori!

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:45 am

Happy to help with terrain etc. WIll have to research what role (if any?) the 82nd airborne played...or were they off preparing for Market Garden at that point?
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:08 am

Both the 82nd and the 101st were taken out of the line before Operation Cobra.

Rather than aiming to recreate any specific part of the battles in Normandy, I was thinking that the game/games would be more representational of the fighting in June and July '44, so you can still use your Airborne if you want to. No combat jumps though.

Return to “Past Events”