NagoyaHammer 2019: Free Play Day, May 3

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: NagoyaHammer 2019: Free Play Day, May 3

Post by job » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:50 am

Primarch wrote:It will probably take me a little time to set everything up for my BP game. May I suggest that participants in my game arrange a game of something small and fast to play if they arrive early in the morning. I'm going to shoot for a 10-10:30am start time I think.

I'm still looking for a second British player and a second Zulu player if anyone else wants to join in the fun.
Sounds good. I was hoping this would be a morning event. How long are you thinking the scenario to run? I think the 40k game is still very amorphous. I think Auxryn mentioned 3k once but nothing has really been discussed. It seems dependent on who will come, what they bring, what time we have and what points we do want to play. I’m planning to focus on your event first and let the chips fall where they may on the afternoon/evening game.

@ Auxryn, Konrad: Would an afternoon-evening game be good? I’m hoping we can play one of those relaxed open ended games with the time we have available. You know, like the good old days when the games lasted into the wee hours and were washed down with a brusky or two. Would that suit you guys?

And it would allow you guys to join some other morning fun like the Zulu game or KT stuff.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:00 am

job wrote:
Primarch wrote:It will probably take me a little time to set everything up for my BP game. May I suggest that participants in my game arrange a game of something small and fast to play if they arrive early in the morning. I'm going to shoot for a 10-10:30am start time I think.

I'm still looking for a second British player and a second Zulu player if anyone else wants to join in the fun.
Sounds good. I was hoping this would be a morning event. How long are you thinking the scenario to run?
Around 3-4 hours seems like a realistic target. My collection isn't quite at the same scale as our 5-6 player Napoleonic games. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:32 am

@ Primarch: well, who knows, maybe at the end of the game there may be a few more Zulu collections started... :D

@ 40k-crew: How would a 3 or 3:30 start sound?
Last edited by job on Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:05 am

@Prim - I'll be travelling from Mie, so I may end up arriving a bit late anyway. If I do end up arriving early, I can play Shadespire (or help you set up?)

@ Prim and Dave - will I be physically able to play both KT and BP on the same day? I'm keen, just not sure if it's possible. If required, I can get there early to fit in a game of KT before BP.

ps I have totally started mentally calling the BP game "the zulu game" in my head. It's like the Brits dont even rate mention :lol:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:35 am

me_in_japan wrote:@Prim - I'll be travelling from Mie, so I may end up arriving a bit late anyway. If I do end up arriving early, I can play Shadespire (or help you set up?)

@ Prim and Dave - will I be physically able to play both KT and BP on the same day? I'm keen, just not sure if it's possible. If required, I can get there early to fit in a game of KT before BP.

ps I have totally started mentally calling the BP game "the zulu game" in my head. It's like the Brits dont even rate mention :lol:
Sure. I'm fairly confident we'll be done by mid afternoon leaving you free to play a few games of KT.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:38 am

Primarch wrote:
me_in_japan wrote:@Prim - I'll be travelling from Mie, so I may end up arriving a bit late anyway. If I do end up arriving early, I can play Shadespire (or help you set up?)

Sure. I'm fairly confident we'll be done by mid afternoon leaving you free to play a few games of KT.
Yup - and it's not like you'll be at a disadvantage like you would with Necromunda or what have you. Hopefully we can get in a match or two of Shadespire as well.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:05 pm

cool :) Now all I need to do is work out what KT I'll bring. And what 40k army I'll bring, for that matter :roll:

@Dave - Shall I bring the whole kaboodle for Shadespire (board etc) or were you thinking of bringing it? I probably could, but I'd need to wait till nearer the day (ie when I've actually decided on what stuff I'm bringing for the other games) to see what I can and can't fit in my bag. If it's tricky for you to bring (and I appreciate that terrain is probably foremost on your "stuff to pack in" list) then I can make the extra effort to make sure I bring it.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:05 pm

me_in_japan wrote:cool :) Now all I need to do is work out what KT I'll bring. And what 40k army I'll bring, for that matter :roll:

@Dave - Shall I bring the whole kaboodle for Shadespire (board etc) or were you thinking of bringing it? I probably could, but I'd need to wait till nearer the day (ie when I've actually decided on what stuff I'm bringing for the other games) to see what I can and can't fit in my bag. If it's tricky for you to bring (and I appreciate that terrain is probably foremost on your "stuff to pack in" list) then I can make the extra effort to make sure I bring it.
I’ve got enough boards and tokens to keep us busy! Just your minis and cards will be fine.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:30 am

Thanks dave!

OZMS2Tallgeese
Warrior

Post by OZMS2Tallgeese » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:19 am

If there are any 40k (maybe KT /shadespire but I’m not so familiar with the rules) games going on in the afternoon-evening time I love to join in. :D

Return to “Past Events”