What do you want?

What do you want from NagoyaHammer?

2 days of non-competitive 40k with varying points, rules and teams
33%
1 day of tournament and 1 day non-competitive 40k
29%
2 days of playing any game you want
8%
2 days of non-competitive WFB (or other system) with varying points, rules and teams
8%
1 day of tournament and 1 day non-competitive WFB (or other system)
8%
2 days of non-competitive, multiple systems e.g. 40k, WFB, Blood Bowl, Flames of War, Warmachine etc
No votes
1 day of tournament and 1 day non-competitive, multiple systems e.g. 40k, WFB, Blood Bowl, Flames of War, Warmachine etc.
13%

Total votes: 24

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: What do you want?

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:33 am

nearly half the people who have voted for at least a one day Tournament I reckon given the option of a 2 day tournament there may have been a few that would have wanted that as well... My vote was for 2 days of non competitive 40k. I am still keen for that however, I am not sure that is what the rest of the gamers want but unfortunately votes can't be changed I am not sure how many still what what they first voted for.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:36 am

I reckon we could knock the points down to 1500, as thats what most folks build towards, it being the "official" size of games. Anything over that, and you run the risk of excluding folk.

Theres no need to call it a tournament, though. Keep it a 2 day event, non-competitive, maybe 3-4 games a day, points ranging from 500 to 1500, and some pairs or even team games in there. Throw in a few cooked up house rules, and you'll be laughing.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:35 pm

Ok, this is going round in circles with the same couple of people posting again and again. Both of you have made good points and I have reread some of the older comments.

I agree that smaller points value games are good for the newer guys out there, but at the same time bigger games provide A) something to aim for and B) something for the veterans as well.

I think that it doesnt really matter too much what we do since people who like the game will come whether or not it is a tournament. I dont think there are any people that are so stubborn as to refuse to play if they cant bring a WAAC list.

My mind is made up and this thread is getting locked.

Expect to see some announcements over the next few days.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Past Events”